News:

Add your picture URL in your profile.

Main Menu

Repbot database

Started by paulh, October 14, 2004, 02:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulh

Is the repbot database available (preferably in a convenient format like text)?
I've got some ideas I'd like to try out, but I need the list of vouch/complains.

Obviously, I could write a script to ask repbot about each fibs user in turn, but I don't really want to overwork our robotic friend.

My first (and easiest) idea is to generate a friends/villains list for javafibs, but I also want to test out some trust metrics on the vouch/complain graph.

don

I'm a little surprised there's been no reply to your very excellent question, paulh.  I've been tinkering around with some displays, and I too would like to see the RepBot database made available, as is the FIBS/saved database upon which it relies, in a similar text format.  I'd suggest an extra line-feed to differentiate names, perhaps, and obviously none of the (cont'd) nonsense.  I'd be happy to specify a simple and text friendly format for display of all the fields and for consistency.

--
So many string dimensions, so little space time...

NassimSabba

Can RepBot get from the FIBS server the information about which party drops a game?

A dropped game may be for personal reasons (the person doesn't want to finish a losing game!), technical (network), or by mutual agreement (usually finished anyway). It will not necessary to show the distinction, but who dropped.

The server knows exactly when a game was left hanging and by whom. The Java Based game software records the matches, so, certainly it is also available on the server and if necessary the last move can determine the person who was left hanging.

In short, the DB should contain the party at fault for non-finished games. Then this can be used in the reputation calculations.

If this topic has been discussed, please post a direction to the appropriate thread.

mradica

Quote from: paulh on October 14, 2004, 02:35:41 PM
My first (and easiest) idea is to generate a friends/villains list for javafibs, but I also want to test out some trust metrics on the vouch/complain graph.

It is exactly what I do manually. It use to put in villains all players which has more than x saved games. In the beginning it was ten games but now I extend that threshold ~ 15-20.
Another source for villains are here: http://www.fibs.com/savedgames/ where you can find list with players who have saved games. There is also link to bot droppers. I suggest you that you make buttom in JavaFIBS which could read those list and create villains list for all players who has more than X saved games.

RepBot could be also source for players with bad reputation off course.

For friends I put there only players with whom I have to play my FIBS League matches, so I can find it easily on players lists with different color or get a sound when they login.

Anyway thanks for your will to improve playing at FIBS.

stiefnu

Quote from: mradica on November 26, 2008, 09:43:29 AM
Another source for villains are here: http://www.fibs.com/savedgames/ where you can find list with players who have saved games.
This list is inaccurate and cannot be trusted.  It shows me as having 21 saved games when in fact I currently have just 5.  In fact, I don't think I've ever made it into double figures.  http://www.fibs.com/savedgames/shame.html may be a better guide, listing only the very worst offenders.  Step up FASTplayersPLEASE and take your bow.  173 dropped games (if that figure is correct) is indeed an achievement!

stiefnu

mradica

ok. It is matter of criteria but some kind of automatic loading people with large number of saved games into JavaFIBS as villains is welcome in my mind. I suggest that every JavaFIBS user can make choice for number of saved games. Another question is to make such list updateable. Maybe some automatic way to go. People can have many saved games but after few months find a way to put that number on zero, so they don't deserve to be on villains list more.

wintom

Quote from: mradica on November 26, 2008, 12:22:25 PM
ok. It is matter of criteria but some kind of automatic loading people with large number of saved games into JavaFIBS as villains is welcome in my mind. I suggest that every JavaFIBS user can make choice for number of saved games. Another question is to make such list updateable. Maybe some automatic way to go. People can have many saved games but after few months find a way to put that number on zero, so they don't deserve to be on villains list more.

http://www.fibsboard.com/javafibs/repbotsavedgames-t1819.0.html
The Backgammon Blog: Graswurzel Backgammon

inim

The database is not publicly available in an anonymous way, but I will happily produce a snapshot for any contribution project. Format will be mysql 5 dump, either XML or SQL. Just contact me via fibsboard or tell and describe what you are planning to do with the data.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rĂ¥ and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.