News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

connection problem

Started by gigi320d, April 09, 2014, 01:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi320d

Hello backgammon players ! :help:

I am a new member.
I am trying, for some while, to make a FIBS acount. I want to play backgamon online
But it doesn't work at all :unhappy:

I used JavaFibs, 3D fibs, C4 Fibs, Fibszila

Can you help me ?

Thanks for your time

(i have looked up for similar posts, but none helped to solve my problem)

socksey

In Javafibs, click on "preferences", then on "server", then fill in "fibs.com" in the "host" area, and "4321" in the "port" area.  Then, you need to create a Nick by clicking on "javafibs", then "new user".  You should be able to figure that part out.  Click on the lightening bolt icon to log on.  Oh, and you will need to reply to the email from Patti.  Hope this helps.

socksey

Charity begins at home, but should not end there. - Scottish Proverb

diane

Quote from: socksey on April 10, 2014, 12:57:38 AM
Oh, and you will need to reply to the email from Patti.

Just to make sure it is clear, you wont get an email from Patti, you will get a message in fibs, asking you to email her at pattib@fibs.com

That will allow her to keep your email address, should there be any problems with your account later [lost passwords, etc].

Have you managed to actually log into fibs, but cant play, or have you not got that far yet?

If you have not logged in at all - follow the instructions as socksey told you, watch for the message and reply to it via email.

If you have logged in before, you will have missed the message, and will need to email her your username and explain you missed the message.

Once your email address is verified, you will be able to play backgammon online!  :cool:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

gigi320d

Thank you for your answers  :thumbsup2:

In fact, javafibs is not able to connect the fibs server. I don't know if my windows (7) and the firewall are responsible for this, or the fibs server doesn't answer.
Anyway there was a "security" problem with java, and all java based software is baned ..  :cry:

I must find an old xp computer, i think it will work