News:

Subscribe to Fibsboard for just £5 a year - get a special badge! VIP Articles and Links and much more..ensure our future and earn real kudos with your friends and enemies alike! http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

whois player appearing when I first log in

Started by jeff, May 27, 2014, 02:45:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeff

I recently added a certain player to my Friends list in JavaFIBS. Now, whenever I login, I get the following:
-> whois mynewfriend
Information about mynewfriend:

Is this significant? Can I make it go away?
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

diane

This would be better posted in the javafibs forum  ;)

The whois is significant, and exactly as it is supposed to be. You have added a friend, so when you log in, your client is finding out about them for you.

The whois command tells your interface [and you, if you read it in the system window] when they were last here, what their rating is, etc, which is then populated into your friends list..simples  :thumbsup2:
Never give up on the things that make you smile

jeff

Quote from: diane on May 27, 2014, 10:31:57 AM
This would be better posted in the javafibs forum  ;)

The whois is significant, and exactly as it is supposed to be. You have added a friend, so when you log in, your client is finding out about them for you.

The whois command tells your interface [and you, if you read it in the system window] when they were last here, what their rating is, etc, which is then populated into your friends list..simples  :thumbsup2:
I thought maybe it was about FIBS and not specific to JavaFibs. I guess I will just ignore it. But how come other players in my Friends list aren't whois'd when I log in?

diane

Quote from: jeff on May 27, 2014, 10:44:32 AM
I thought maybe it was about FIBS and not specific to JavaFibs. I guess I will just ignore it. But how come other players in my Friends list aren't whois'd when I log in?

I'm not exactly sure why some end up in the system window, and some dont - but the process is the same for each friend. The more friends you have in the list, the more you will see it. If you see inim around, ask him for the really complicated version  ;)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

boomslang

Check if you have upper case / lower case correct for the specific player.

If it doesn't match, the friends information table will not be updated but the raw output of the whois command will be printed in the system output screen

jeff

Quote from: boomslang on May 29, 2014, 07:30:19 PM
Check if you have upper case / lower case correct for the specific player.

If it doesn't match, the friends information table will not be updated but the raw output of the whois command will be printed in the system output screen
Fixed it. TY