News:

click the little + - buttons to customise your Fibsboard (unclick them sometimes to see what you're missing :)

Main Menu

FFM19 Game 1 Move 6 Herd to play 21

Started by Julia_H, June 15, 2014, 08:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia_H

Plenty of options here. Anyone want to make a case for one of them?

KDP

Spoiler
this one takes a bit of thought.  if you hit, what do you do with the 2?  no matter what you move you still have 3 blots laying around.  and while hitting is usually a good way to go, i think in this case i would play the quiet 13-10 making a point, and cleaning up some of the blots.  cleaning up your position and leaving fewer blots i think is the best way to go long term.
[close]

dorbel

Spoiler
Making a point and getting down to two blots with the "quiet" 13/10 is a reasonable play, but its major drawback in my view is that it applies no particular pressure to Red and leaves him free to play his whole roll next turn. I like 18/16, 10/9*, taking away half his next roll and duplicating fours.
[close]

dorbel

1,296 games later, XG thinks that the hit is better by 0.002 ppg, so not very significant or as it happens, definitive.
However the hit wins a few more gammons, the quiet play a few more games, so you might select hitting if trailing, the quiet play if leading.