News:

please ensure your email address is "up to date" in your fibsboard profile or personal messages won't get through -- thx
ps  you can set your email as non public

Main Menu

FFM19 Game 1 Move 31: Herd to play 51

Started by Julia_H, July 03, 2014, 06:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia_H

The Herd has choices once more... try to sneak home, or stay out of range at the expense of a bit more board structure?

ah_clem

Spoiler

Moving up to the twelve leaves 13 shots (any ace plus 64) while staying on the eighteen only leaves 6.  6 is a whole lot less than 13, so moving up is out.

Then do we bury a checker on the ace or clear the eight point?  Blocking points like that are a double edged sword - it helps contain him but can become a liability when it's time to clear it.  I'm thinking it's more of an asset at this point than a liability since we won't be clearing it for a few more moves.  So much as I hate burial, I'll play to the ace.

7/1

[close]

willywonka

Spoiler
I think ah_clem's analysis is correct. I debated whether we should use this roll to safely clear the 8-point but decided that the 8-point was more of an asset than a liability at this point in terms of a safe landing spot for the checker on the 18-point and a blocking point for COsborne's anchor on the 2-point.
[close]

Julia_H

There will now be a short intermission... Christopher will be away until Tuesday for the 4th July holiday... and I'll be away for a long weekend filming Countdown. See you soon!