News:

enjoy the front page random images , random like dice on fibs! ethereal not material, and try and name them ..

Main Menu

Problem with Java FIBS 1.0.12_Java16

Started by marc_emrich, July 27, 2014, 12:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_emrich

I first installed FIBS on a computer that I no longer have about 4 months ago. At that time I had a choice of several boards to play on and statistics of my matches would be available. Now I have lost that ability. Every time I log in is like the first time I have ever logged in. No records available. No choice of boards. All the buttons on the board are just little dots, before they were larger and  had explanatory symbols on them. I uninstalled and reinstalled FIBS but it has not worked. I have downloaded FIBS on another computer and still nothing.

Any tips you can give me to get the interface to at least remember me and my matches would be greatly appreciated.

diane

I cant offer much advice, but it will help those who can if you let us know what OS you are using...some of those problems sound like ones we have seen with Ubuntu...the more info you can give on your system, the more the techies can help :-)
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

Buttons disappearing (replaced with tiny dots) is a symptom of a path issue - the images for the buttons are in one directory while the program looks for them somewhere else.  I'm not sure what the best action plan is, but you might try finding the directory that holds the buttons and moving the contents.

JavaFibs will save games in .mat format, but you have to tell it to do that; it won't do it by default.  The previous matches would have been saved on your old computer so if you didn't grab them before disposing of it they are most likely gone.

marc_emrich

Thank you Diane and AhClem. I am not sure where to move the files so that Fibs can pick up the files for the buttons though. I am on Windows 8 now BTW. Do I save the games in Jellyfish as .mat files, or how do I do that so FIBS keeps statistics of my games and every opponent. The fact that I can only choose from one board also stems from a path issue would be my guess. I just don't know what to do about it.

marc_emrich

UNBELIEVABLE. I just figured out the problem. I never properly extracted all the files. Once I extracted them, everything became available!  I am a happy camper now.

diane

That's great news..glad you are fully functional :-)
Never give up on the things that make you smile