News:

NEW! Get all Tourneybot Results from the new Board here: http://www.fibsboard.com/tourneybot-results/

Main Menu

Inter-Nation Tournament

Started by dorbel, October 20, 2004, 02:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

Here is the draw for the group stage of the Inter-Nation Team Tournament.

GROUP A
Switzerland, France, Europe, Germany.
GROUP B
Czech Republic, Rest of the World, Austria, USA 2
GROUP C
Italy, Sweden, Great Britain, Romania
GROUP D
Australia, Finland, USA 1, Canada.

Team members, you will receive an e-mail with contact details of all your opponents tomorrow, then it will be up to you to arrange your matches. Please use UTC times in scheduling matches, so that there is no confusion. UTC can be seen on the fibsleague home page.

All the teams are finalised now and here they are.

AUSTRALIA.
Anakin, Bggun, ozgit (Captain)  (prov)
AUSTRIA
Aquarius (Captain), Cheetah,   satori .
CANADA
grolactwo, jaysbird (Captain), sunray,  gaspar (reserve)
CZECH REPUBLIC
jelly, plasticmillion (Captain), LooseCzecher.
EUROPE
Spielberg, DirtyHarryII, Iceborg (Captain). audioslave (reserve)
FINLAND
reima, Tunari, Kari_Grandi, Backwoods (reserve).
FRANCE
mano (Captain), moyang,  pantar.
GERMANY
Blotman, Hardy_whv (Captain, prov), Spock,   soky (reserve)
GREAT BRITAIN
dorbel, gnomysTwo, jag,  diane (Captain and reserve).
ITALY
zakasax (captain), sirlad, Marla,  Matrasback (reserve)
REST OF THE WORLD
folkman, resh_lakish (captain), chopos, BearB (reserve).
ROMANIA
aslengyel (Captain), atias,  exqusite.
SWEDEN
Cheesedick,  MND, nilla (Captain)
SWITZERLAND
sidie,  amarganth, cis (Captain), Nutsch (reserve)
USA 1
dlevy (Captain prov),  zare, burper, mOOse (reserve).
USA 2
Souptree,  MaddDogg, lav (Captain prov),  maturin (reserve)

The winning team in each group will advance to the semi-finals, for which there will be a new draw.
Good luck and may the best team win!

diane

Do you want the captains to post the results as and when they come along (which could get messy) - or hold them untill all are played?  I am a little unclear as to how to  proceed with this - and it may be some of the other captains are too.  :rolleyes:  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

dorbel

"Please report your individual match results to your captain, captains please report results to me as each tie is completed."

Throughout I have used match to mean individual v. individual, e.g dorbel vs Marla and tie to mean team v. team, e.g. Great Britain v. Italy. Individuals please report your match results to your team captain, team captains report results of ties as they are completed, e.g. Europe 6 Austria 3. I will post results in this forum as they come in.
In the near future, we will have our own web page, which will feature automated result posting etc and perhaps I might have waited until all that was in place before starting the tournament. However, patience has never been my strong point and I just couldn't wait! You are the guinea pigs, the pioneers if you prefer. What we have started will grow and improve I promise.

dorbel

Play is already under way. If any players have not yet received the list of players in their group, or if any team captains have not yet been invited to enter their team into the prize pool, please e-mail me immediately. A few e-mails were returned by the server and although I have resent copies, somebody may still be left out. I will request receipt in future.