fibsboard match 20 Game 2 Herd MOVE 5

Started by stog, October 12, 2014, 09:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

roman takes

herd 52

note the colour of herd's last cube in pic

jeff

What about 15/10, 24/22. The blot on the 8 is safer than the blot on the 15, so move the 15 up. Move the 24 up to escape him.
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

dorbel

QuoteWhat about 15/10, 24/22.
Points are better than blots generally speaking and the 8pt is an important point in our growing prime field. No rush to dig the back man out yet.

jeff

Spoiler
Quote from: dorbel on October 12, 2014, 01:40:13 PM
Points are better than blots generally speaking and the 8pt is an important point in our growing prime field. No rush to dig the back man out yet.
Really? I see him possibly getting trapped back there -- it's happened to me numerous times. Also, when Roman gets off the bar, the point six away is not going to be blocked, so he can jump out with a good roll. Moving 15/10 reduces our risk and makes it highly likely we can make that 8 point (or another one) on the next roll.

Note, also, that my post only asks that 15/10, 24/22 be an option. I concede that 15/8 is safer and blockier (is that a word?). But it also leaves the man in the back behind.
[close]
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

ah_clem

There's a blitz in the air.  Escaping runners is a low priority in a blitz, so leave the runner on the ace point.

Then, my choice is to bring down two so that we have 11 checkers in the zone.  15/8 is certainly sound, but an extra builder seems to be worth the additional risk of leaving the blot where it is. Threes are duplicated so six of the 14 threes don't hit.  And with no board, being hit is no big deal.