Possible to save settings on Mac OS X 10.9?

Started by retrovertigo, January 03, 2015, 10:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retrovertigo

Hi there,

(updated the post after submitting it as the "Preview" button doesn't work for me in Firefox 35. It says "Fetching preview..." and that's it.)

Software details:
- Mac OS X 10.9.5
- java version "1.6.0_65"
- java version "1.8.0_25" (/Library/Internet)
(not sure which one gets used by JavaFIBS)

I just downloaded JavaFIBS and was already slightly confused by the wording in the README. It says:

Windows/MacOSX
--------------
To install JavaFIBS, unzip the JavaFIBS2001*.zip archive to any directory. Run the program by double-clicking on the JavaFIBS.jar file.

When I double click either JavaFIBS-1.0.12_java16.jar or JavaFIBS-1.0.12_java13.jar the program just opens, but it doesn't get (properly) installed. Is that the normal behaviour? What is the difference between those two versions?
FYI - In Right click > Open with ... the default is Jar Launcher.app 14.9.0.

After I have launched JavaFIBS I can change settings like user, pw, "Autogreet" text, board, etc. but it doesn't save it after I close the client. I tried closing it with Cmd + Q, via JavaFIBS2001 > Quit JavaFIBS2001 and via JavaFIBS > Exit, all with the same result.

Now i wonder if it is actually possible to save the settings at all? Do I maybe have to do something differently to install the client properly?

While I am here, I sneak in one general FIBS bots question. What do I have todo to be able to invite bonehead again? It's long ago that I played FIBS and that was on a PC - and I vaguely remember that there were some restraints!?

Thanks for any help,
Albert