News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

Unable to register on FIB's

Started by Tigmaster, January 05, 2015, 06:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigmaster

Hi,
can someone help me try and get registered with FIB's?
I have tried for 3 days now to register via the registration tool.
After initially resolving JAVA issues preventing me get onto the FIBs site, all I get is "trying to register."
I have been on parlorplay.com, FIB's wont allow new users to register via that site. e-mailed rod@parlorplay.com - no reply.
Also emailed pattib@fibs.com - no reply.
tried JavaFIBS - unable to register.
tried Tigergammon - no luck there either.

This seems to be the most difficult site to get access to.

Help!!!!

regards
Sean

socksey

Your registration must be validated by Patti before you are accepted.  This is usually done in a day or two, but she may be out of town or out of pocket for some reason.  Be patient.  I'm sure things will work out.

socksey

Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods. - Japanese Proverb

Tigmaster

Thanks socksey,
I will wait patiently to see what happens!

zbilbo

Quote from: Tigmaster on January 05, 2015, 06:22:54 PM
tried Tigergammon - no luck there either.

What was the issue? What client? Platform? PC? Phone? Other?

If you provide some more info it will be easier to track down possible errors, or point you in right direction on how too.

socksey

I missed that tiger line.  It's usually easier there.......no waiting.  You musta done something wrong.

socksey

It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

maria

Quote from: socksey on January 07, 2015, 02:36:54 AM
I missed that tiger line.  It's usually easier there.......no waiting.  You musta done something wrong.

socksey

I'm wondering ... I don't see this person mentioning that they are logging in to FIBS as "guest".  Isn't that how you start?  Or maybe things have changed. 

socksey

We've been so long on FIBS..........how can we remember all this stuff.........especially with all the changes that have take place!?   :laugh:

Isn't "guest" status a thing on Parlorplay? 

socksey

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love. - Lao-Tzu

diane

This site is useful for FIBs information...http://www.fibs.com/

Follow the instructions there on 'getting started'

QuoteFirst time connecting
Username and password

All players need a username (nick) and password to play. The name must be 3-20 letters only (no numbers) and underscore (_) is the only punctuation allowed, also remember that it is case-sensitive ('A' and 'a' are different).

Please, please, please do not forget your password. There is currently no way for the FIBS administrators to retrieve this information. If you forget your password then you must start again under a new username.

Follow the help section of your interface for specifics on registering a new user account with your software.

The site does need some updating..particularly about account verification, but once you log in to fibs, you will be sent a message explaining all the changes. Please read it..copy and paste it to a document if needed, so you can remember what to do.

So..you have Javafibs...if you open the top menu by clicking on 'javafibs', very top line, extreme left..you will see the box attached..complete the fields as directed - following the rules above. Once registered, then log in, using the username and password you have created.

Then follow the instructions from MissManners...it will take a few hours to get verified, but then you are good to go. Use the time you are waiting to read up on how to avoid droppers and saved games.  ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

rebayona

Joining fibs it's a real challenge. Java app doesn't work, which only leaves telnet as an option. Telnet doesn't come by default since Windows 7, and I can't count with my hands friends able to use telnet anyway. I've tried to bring friends to fibs since its players base on tournaments and leagues is notoriously decreasing, but it can be explained on the fact that it's really, really, really hard to join. Not to mention not really user friendly or appealing. Being the first doesn't mean being stuck on the 90s.

Enviado desde mi P6-U06 mediante Tapatalk
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

maria

Quote from: rebayona on March 03, 2016, 12:09:08 PM
Joining fibs it's a real challenge. Java app doesn't work, which only leaves telnet as an option. Telnet doesn't come by default since Windows 7, and I can't count with my hands friends able to use telnet anyway. I've tried to bring friends to fibs since its players base on tournaments and leagues is notoriously decreasing, but it can be explained on the fact that it's really, really, really hard to join. Not to mention not really user friendly or appealing. Being the first doesn't mean being stuck on the 90s.

I'll have to disagree here.  Registering on FIBS depends on which client you are using.  Since I use Fibzilla, it's the only one I can give you an example of how to use.  Once you download Fibzilla and run it, at the upper left corner is "Game".  When you click on that a drop down menu opens.  You would choose "Play Online. (www.fibs.com)"
Then a small "Connect" window would open.  One of the buttons says "Create".
Click on that.
You would then enter the username and password you want to use.  NOTE:  REMEMBER your password.  Patti has no way of retrieving it if you forget it.
Then click "Create My New Account".
It will take a while but eventually you will connect to FIBS.
The first thing that will pop up in another windows is a message from MissManners.
This message says:
Your account requires validation.  Contact validate@FIBS.com with your username (but not you password!) and a request to validate it.  As FIBS is a free server run by one person, this may take up to a day and occasionally longer -- please don't send more than one message.

I hope this is of some help.   I hope you don't think I am pushing the Fibzilla client, but as I said, it's what I use and the only one I could test out the registration process with.

Good luck to your friends who are trying to play on FIBS.

I would love to help them out.  Which way did they come in?  (((rimshot)))

rebayona

You're right. I tried your suggested method and it worked like as you said. Thank you!
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

maria

Quote from: rebayona on March 08, 2016, 04:23:06 PM
You're right. I tried your suggested method and it worked like as you said. Thank you!

You're very welcome.  Hope your friends enjoy FIBS!