News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

wrongfully/unrendered checkers

Started by Dungeoneer, April 20, 2015, 11:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dungeoneer

Occasionally, checkers just moved are not rendered at all until another checker is moved on that point.
Likewise sort of ghosts like half-checkers of checkers already moved remain on the points until that point is populated again.

Environment:

JavaFibs 1.012/JavaFIBS-1.0.12_java16.jar

run with

java version "1.7.0_75"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.5.4) (7u75-2.5.4-2)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.75-b04, mixed mode)

or

java version "1.8.0_45"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

on

Linux ... 3.16.0-4-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 3.16.7-ckt9-2 (2015-04-13) x86_64 GNU/Linux
NVIDIA X-Driver 340.65

δS = 0

diane

Thanks for the report.

This one is pretty well known, but work on javafibs has fallen to the wayside due to extreme difficulties with obtaining permission to meddle from the author. Look in the topic list in this forum for 'disappearing checkers'  :)

I am afraid at this time, you will just have to live with it - we have to remember where our checkers are.  ;)

There is a new interface in active development, by a committed and open author, so we are all kinda waiting on the release of that one.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Dungeoneer

Thx, @diane!

Quote from: diane on April 21, 2015, 04:40:38 AM
I am afraid at this time, you will just have to live with it - [...]

Maybe not.

Such presumably redraw-event/blending/depth related errors are a very common symptom of certain class of applications, and there is a chance that running the jvm in a specially tailored environment would help avoid the symptom in a non-intrusive way, which appears with this

Quote from: diane on April 21, 2015, 04:40:38 AM
but work on javafibs has fallen to the wayside due to extreme difficulties with obtaining permission to meddle from the author.

in mind the most appropriate, if not only, course of action anyway.

But first I'd need some more detailed log to validate my hypotheses -  do you know by chance a command line or config switch to get that app logging extensively, or even sort-of tracing?
The included "help" content is not especially verbose about this, to say the least.   

With kind regards,
D.
δS = 0

Tom

Quote from: Dungeoneer on April 21, 2015, 07:13:29 AM
But first I'd need some more detailed log to validate my hypotheses -  do you know by chance a command line or config switch to get that app logging extensively, or even sort-of tracing?

There isn't one