News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

Looking for good, up-to-date book.

Started by takeonme79, June 11, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

takeonme79

I'm looking for a book of analysis or puzzles that is backed by computer analysis within the last 5 years. Something like Robertie's Modern Backgrammon would be great but this was published in 2001 and I'm sure computers have improved dramatically since then and probably changed some of their analysis. Do you know of any such books?

dorbel

Best of all in my opinion, buy a good book, Modern BG would be one and I always recommend BG Boot Camp by Walter Trice. Then buy Extreme Gammon, which you need anyway and do your own checking. In my experience, the things that you find out for yourself stay in the brain better than learning by reading. Learning how Robertie or Trice think about a problem is more important than finding out the result anyway.

ah_clem

You won't find a better book than Trice's Backgammon Bootcamp.  Yes, the bot analysis was done with snowie over a decade ago, but while the bots have gotten faster and stronger to the best of my knowledge nothing in Trice has been overruled by more modern bots.