News:

enjoy the front page random images , random like dice on fibs! ethereal not material, and try and name them ..

Main Menu

FLG Season 75

Started by rebayona, March 01, 2016, 09:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rebayona

Hello.

Season 75 (according to FLG page) was supposed to end on Feb 28. OK, due to leap year, it's Feb 29.

But I see there are people still reporting their matches. How come? Isn't supposed to end on Feb 29th?
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

Biffo

I'd prefer to see matches completed if they manage to squeeze them in before the start of the next round.  Given  it's Tom (and only Tom) that has to do all the hard work, I guess that a day or two's grace is a minor issue in the overall scheme of things.  Thanks Tom  B)

rebayona

Quote from: Biffo on March 02, 2016, 01:18:51 PM
I'd prefer to see matches completed if they manage to squeeze them in before the start of the next round.  Given  it's Tom (and only Tom) that has to do all the hard work, I guess that a day or two's grace is a minor issue in the overall scheme of things.  Thanks Tom  B)
I understand all the hard work it's on Tom and I have no problem waiting days or weeks. My observation/question is about people reporting played matches after deadline. It's simply not fair.

I thought there was a way to avoid posting results before deadline, something as simple as if date(today)>date(deadline) then post=0.
My nickname might sound girlie, but it is just my lastname, so please, stop flirting with me Romeos. It's awkard.

Biffo

I thought I'd managed to understand how the promotion/relegation operated, but FLG 75 outcome has me stumped. I see that Dorbel appears to have come top of the Master A table, but has been 'demoted' down to Master B for his troubles (his icon is a sad face, which appears to suggest relegation).  He played all of his games, so that isn't an issue.  Can anyone shed light on why this would happen? I would like to understand for future reference.

rebayona

Quote from: Biffo on March 03, 2016, 09:39:56 AM
I thought I'd managed to understand how the promotion/relegation operated, but FLG 75 outcome has me stumped. I see that Dorbel appears to have come top of the Master A table, but has been 'demoted' down to Master B for his troubles (his icon is a sad face, which appears to suggest relegation).  He played all of his games, so that isn't an issue.  Can anyone shed light on why this would happen? I would like to understand for future reference.
I don't know if it's a coincidence, but on masters I see a clear continental tendency. Mostly European players on masters B, mostly American players on masters A. It might explain dorbel's change of league as well, if the reason was an intention to facilitate playing, since time zones differences make really hard to complete matches.
Personally, if it's not a coincidence I applaud it. Time frame between work and time zones make playing only possible during weekends or even at work in some cases.

Enviado desde mi P6-U06 mediante Tapatalk

Biffo

Ah yes, that would make perfect sense, thank you.

rebayona

Just to report that for Season 76 on May 1st if I try to report I'll get this message:

"I AM SORRY THE SESSION IS NOW CLOSED"

I don't know if Tom listened or if there were something wrong it is working now.

Thanks, to whom it concerns.