News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Why can't I connect after downloading and unzipping javafibs2001v2012?

Started by crackers, March 14, 2016, 11:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crackers

Why can't I connect with my username and password after downloading and unzipping Javafibs 2001v2012?   Been playing on fibs for a long time. I get the board, use preferences, type in my username and password then wait.  Message says:  Can't connect the fibs.com, connection failed.  Have been trying for months doing everything I can think of.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maria

Quote from: crackers on March 14, 2016, 11:46:24 PM
Why can't I connect with my username and password after downloading and unzipping Javafibs 2001v2012?   Been playing on fibs for a long time. I get the board, use preferences, type in my username and password then wait.  Message says:  Can't connect the fibs.com, connection failed.  Have been trying for months doing everything I can think of.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is JavaFIBS your usual client or did you use another one?  Maybe try with a different client.  FIBS was down yesterday for a very brief time, maybe you tried logging in then?  
Also if it's been "months" maybe your username has been deleted for being inactive?
I'd try one more time with JavaFIBS, then if that doesn't work, try another client.
I wish you the best of luck.

maria

Quote from: crackers on March 14, 2016, 11:46:24 PM
Why can't I connect with my username and password after downloading and unzipping Javafibs 2001v2012?   Been playing on fibs for a long time. I get the board, use preferences, type in my username and password then wait.  Message says:  Can't connect the fibs.com, connection failed.  Have been trying for months doing everything I can think of.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

P.S.  I just logged in to FIBS and did a "whois crackers" and there is no such user.  If "crackers" is also your FIBS username then it's been deleted for inactivity.  Either pick another name or create crackers again, but you'll lose your rating and experience and start fresh.  You'll also have to get validated before you can start playing.  Once you log in with your new name you'll get a message from MissManners telling you how to get validated.  Again, I wish you the best of luck.