News:

please ensure your email address is "up to date" in your fibsboard profile or personal messages won't get through -- thx
ps  you can set your email as non public

Main Menu

Help regarding Tavla's Hit-and-Run rules

Started by blackgammon, December 16, 2016, 02:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackgammon

I recently started the Turkish game Tavla. When I first read about it what interested me the most was the no hit-and-run rule when players are in their own home. When I played a game recently with my favorite opponent, we encountered situation that I'll describe below that we've been in disagreement about and maybe an expert could shed some light on the issue? Or share your opinion on weather or not what I'm about to describe is considered an illegal move or not.

The game has been played without a hitch until here....

White has 13 of it's pieces in its homeboard distributed more or less evenly on its 6, 5, and  3 blots except for two piece which are on the 7blot just outside of their home.....

Black has two pieces in the Whites home board at this time with a piece on the 4 blot and the other on the 1 blot. Everyone with me still?

It's now Whites turn to roll and white rolls a double 3s

(Now here is what the two players are in disagreement about)

White has two pieces on the 7 blot, and with the double threes takes one of its pieces and hits the lone black piece on the 4 blot. Then covers it with the other piece that was on the 7blot now making a house on the 4blot. Now with the remaining two moves white has remaining, moves one of its pieces from the 4 blot to the 1 blot(this piece is same-2nd piece, that moved from the 7 to the 4 blot to cover after the 1st hit on its move) and that hits the other open black piece on the 1 blot. Then for the last remaining three takes the 1st piece it moved that hit the 1st black piece on the 4 blot and moves it to cover the white piece that hit the 2nd black piece that was hit on the 1 blot.....

Essentially, the question is, is this an illegal Hit-and-Run move or is what white did allowed?
Please any feed back would be appreciated, or if you have a question about anything on the topic, please, feel free to ask. I've been straining my brain trying to figure this one out.

Thank you!