News:

click the random photo on the front page to go directly to the forum

Main Menu

FIBS down?

Started by rebayona, July 30, 2017, 03:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BackBurner

It has come to light that FIBS runs on "a server in Patti's attic".
I run a server in my attic and it uses $20-30 of electricity every month. And then there is the hardware maintenance cost (hard drives, fans, upgrades).  I need to have a physical server for my consulting business but, for something like FIBS, a virtual server (Amazon, Google, Azure) might be cost effective.

socksey

we don't need any .of that.  we have tiger already up and going for a long time.  Hannes has been keeping it going.  all we need is a tourneybot there and people.  there are already other bots to play with.  to get there, just change your fibs.com to ti-ga.com and you're good to go.  ;)))  in fibszilla, go to preferences, then change fibs.com to ti-ga.com.  also change in the connect box that comes up.  it's very easy to do.

if and when fibs is back up, we can change back.  I don't know if this is a permanent condition with fibs or not, but we do have an option, so see you all on tiger. ;)))

of course we are thankful for the years Patti has put in for us and hope the reason is not a personal one like health, but this is a solution for now and thankful to Hannes that we have a backup.

socksey

Johnny_Boy

Thanks Socksey.....was beginning to wonder becasue I have been way too busy and haven't paid attention to  Fibs.. Tigergammon always works

BackBurner

Ti-ga needs Repbot, too.

Ashi

stog

latest ( 8 aug - from Patti-)-->FIBS is currently down due to hardware failures. I am working to get it back online but do not currently have an ETA.

foxy

jeff

Is FIBS back? I still cannot get on? I can't even ping it.

Pinging fibs.com [198.144.203.150] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 198.144.203.150:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

jeff

Nevermind.

Two of my "friends" told me the site was back and they were playing.

If you see them on the site, PLEASE BAN THEM IMMEDIATELY.

:D

Quote from: jeff on August 09, 2017, 01:56:46 AM
Is FIBS back? I still cannot get on? I can't even ping it.

Pinging fibs.com [198.144.203.150] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 198.144.203.150:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

manxcat

FIBS IS UP and Running. You need to set the server to fibs.com the isp address does not work.
I would rather be villified for doing the right thing, than be praised for doing the wrong thing. -unknown, very likely it was me.