News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Power primes!

Started by PillowFighter, August 11, 2017, 09:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PillowFighter

Hi!

One of the cube actions in the WC final was a bit of a bombshell where the WC champion dropped a position where one of his checkers was stuck behind a 5 point prime. Those primes are scary so I doubt I'd handle it any better.

Today I have added a new training track: Power primes! 5+ primes are powerful beasts! Handle with care!

This is the 88th training track and the 22'nd cube training track so there are many options to fine tune your cube handling skills on Backgammon Studio. I suspect I need a bit of that too!

Yesterday I added a possibility to search for positions with a specific prime length for either you or your opponent and also the number of checkers behind the prime.

While at it I also cleaned up the position tags section so that it looks a bit better.

Are there any positions where your opponent has more than 11 checkers behind your 5+ prime? Check! :-)

In other news:

Earlier this week the number of online matches played on Backgammon Studio just passed 10000!

Not half bad! It may not work perfectly for everybody just yet so please report any problems you have and I'll try to reproduce/fix the problem.

Also the number of users just passed 1600:

Not too bad either! And United States has a commanding lead with more than double the number of users than Norway on second place (which is a bit of a surprise as there are several great backgammon nations out there)!

If you have any problems registering please contact me directly: terjepe@gmail.com and I'll help you out!

Backgammon Studio The Swiss army knife of backgammon!

Best regards,
TP

PS. Congratulations to the WC Winner! Didier Assaraf! A premium membership is waiting for both finalists on Backgammon Studio! :-)