News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Unblocker!

Started by PillowFighter, September 22, 2017, 10:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PillowFighter

Hi!

Friday again? :-)

New training track:

Unblocker! Limiting the options for your opponent anchor with blocking points is important but at some point you have to get your checkers into your homeboard. Perhaps this it the moment to do so?

I'm a bit busy with this new project I am working on (still backgammon!) so there won't be an avalanche of new features on Backgammon Studio for now but new training tracks are fun! :-)

Backgammon Studio The Swiss army knife of backgammon!

Haven't tried Backgammon Studio yet? You should! :-)

Best regards,
TP

dorbel

A rollout indicates the plays that clear the 10pt are very slightly weaker than making the 2pt. How might we arrive at that over the board? Brown has Too Many Points and too many anchors as well, so he is very likely to leave a shot next turn and a stronger home board will benefit Red if he chooses to hit. I think also that clearing the midpoint is likely to be more of a problem for Red than clearing the 10pt, so perhaps keeping the 10 as a landing point is a good idea.
it's often a good idea to deal with problems in order. Here the order is bring that back man round, clear the midpoint and then clear the 10pt and the 8pt in order.