News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2012 cheers!
..thx Botchee, sixty, zorba, caleb, ettu, trrroglodyte, diane, aviator, r_monk ,captainmubbers,Tom roygbiv*, anonymous and yyy

Main Menu

3DFiBs wishlist

Started by zaphod, September 02, 2003, 10:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaphod

I thought it might be useful to start a thread to suggest new features which could improve the 3DFiBs interface further:

My first suggestion is:
Adding a radiobutton to toggle a list of opponents with whom you have saved games and who are currently logged on to FIBS.

zaphod

Another suggestion that occurred to me was to have the friends list dialogue box divided into two columns where one could add enemies/droppers/etc and have arrows between them so one could swap them around as well as add new names.  These enemies/droppers/etc would then show up in red in all of the user list windows.

webrunner

:yes:
Good suggestions!
Keep them coming.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

StoreMaster

Hi!

A message box when the hole game is finished would be nice.

Are any developers here of the game?
I would suggest and would help you to make a german version of the game.
I am a c++ developer and if i can help you, please contact me over my homepage.

kind regards,
Wolfgang L.

webrunner

and your homepage is...............??
:wacko:
Please register so TucsonAz can contact you through this forum.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

StoreMaster

oh sorry. i forgot that.

now i have registered.

shanemac

At the moment you can only add friends to your list when they are actually logged on to FIBS (I think!).
It would be useful to be able to add friends at any time, without having to wait for them to log on.  This would allow you to enter players you were looking for; eg., because you have a saved game with them.

tucsonAZ

QuoteAt the moment you can only add friends to your list when they are actually logged on to FIBS (I think!).
It would be useful to be able to add friends at any time, without having to wait for them to log on.  This would allow you to enter players you were looking for; eg., because you have a saved game with them.

Hi,

There are 2 ways to add to the friends list when the user is not online. Use the Edit menu ->Edit friends list and right click the list for a context menu which has "add"
This will bring up a dialog box for a new friend name to add. You can also just manually edit the file friends.dat. It is just a text file that can be opened with notepad. Be sure the new name is in the same format as the existing names on the list (quotes spaces etc.. )

maareyes

shanemac

Thanks for the advice.  That's exactly what I wanted to be able to do.

socksey

add this to the wish list.............profiles.  this is the thing i had with bbgt that i miss the most.  ;)))  so nice to be able to make notes on players and bring them up when you are playing then.  helps the memory with so many hundreds of nicks on fibs.  i really hope this feature is added.   :P  

socksey

DarkWitch

All the features mentioned are great ideas.  My idea would complement them even more.

I think it would be wonderful if there was a way to customize the toolbar.  That is, allow the user to add/remove buttons for the various commands.  It should be possible to have a button for each menu option, and then the user could just customize the toolbar with the ones that he/she wants.

For example, there's a menu option to toggle "away," but there's no toolbar button for this function.  It would be great if we could select the specific buttons that we want on our toolbar.

Just my two cents.  Hope it's possible to implement this in a future version.

DarkWitch   ^_^

DarkWitch

Another thing I forgot to add:

How can we make monetary contributions to the 3DFibs project?  It's a great program, and I'm sure that some of us wouldn't mind kicking in a few $ for the development efforts.

Honestly, I found 3DFibs to be much better than BBGT...and BBGT is payware.

DarkWitch   :)  

burper

Here's a strange one for ya: create a pluggable GUI so that people can contribute their own windows for various purposes. You would have to define an API that allows the window to be created and destroyed, and pass events to and from it as well as fibs i/o.

Uses: someone could write a plug-in for TourneyBot, or ChouetteBot, or an advanced message center.

This is second best to having a popular open source fibs client, but it allows others to contribute things that the author may not be interested in implementing, or has time for.

Sinatra

It would be nice if there were more than one board to chose from or at least different colors. . I see in preferences there's only a default board. The colors of the black chip is the same as the frame around the board . It makes it difficult to see the chips. Thank you in advance!!

socksey

My next wish for 3DFibs is for more windows.  (Maybe this is a solution.)  Although a window for shout can be made other than the one for shout mode, if you could shout there, that would be fine, but you have to use the shout mode to shout from.  Am I making sense?  But this wouldn't solve the problem.  It is annoying that there are all these modes that slip into themselves beyond my control.  I am always clicking kibitz, then someone shouts and the mode slips into shout, and by the time I finish typing, someone has shouted, and my kibitz goes to shout.  Or even more embarrassing, when I am in command mode and messaging someone, and it slips into shout for all to see.  I'm either clicking the mode constantly, or my words are going where I don't want them to go.  Help!  Help!  Please?   :(

With my BBGT program (having many flaws, bugs, quirks), requires typing in the mode each time it is used.  All shouts, kibitz, and incoming, outgoing activity is in one window for viewing.  Unlike, 3DFibs, with BBGT, I always saw when people entered or left.  I almost never see that with 3D.  Maybe you can think of some way to make all this flow easily, and for everything to be observed at the same time.

I'm so happy that this forum is here and that you are still working on improvements.  

Thank you!   ;)  

socksey

"Humans are the only animals that have children on purpose with the exception of guppies, who like to eat theirs." - P. J. O'Rourke

adrian

I am seconding socksey`s proposal:
Quoteadd this to the wish list.............profiles. this is the thing i had with bbgt that i miss the most. )) so nice to be able to make notes on players and bring them up when you are playing then. helps the memory with so many hundreds of nicks on fibs. i really hope this feature is added. 
, and also two or three programmable toolbar buttons.. :yes:
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

lostoak

Could you add an "are you sure" feature to vouching/complaining on repbot? I have accidentally vouched when asking for rep on more than one occasion and have a complaint from someone ive never met,played or even seen the name before.  thx

adrian

I`m so  :unsure: about TucsonAZ reading this thread.
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.

Vandyke

Hi - the player list is sorted either by name or by rating.

When it is sorted by name sometimes the list is divided in first: names starting with Uppercase from a-z, second part is names starting with lower case from a-z.

Sometimes names are sorted a-z no matter the starting uppercase or lowercase. how come? and shouldn't that be consistent?

thanks

frans wennekendonk

tucsonAZ

Hi everybody,

Sorry I missed the discussion. I was under the mistaken assumption that I could catch new discussions from the main page. Apparently this does not apply to old discussions that have resurfaced.

I have not abandonded 3dfibs. I have just been busy with some other projects.
Once I get around to updating the program, I will seriously consider each and every suggestion here.

I will be sure to let everyone know when a new version is available.

I can't promise a time when,  but when I do get around to it, I will will be a major update with alot of new features including most of the suggestions here. I should also mention that..

there is a separate shout window available
possibility for some alternate boards that webrunner made and posted here
I can't reproduce the problems with the sorting
I thought I had fixed the problem with the focus jumping around from window to window.. maybe not. I will check again.

Stay tuned.. there will be an update.. cant say when.. but there will be an update  :D

maareyes (tucsonAZ on fibs)

adamosad

Hi there,

I use 3Dfibs for a lot time and I saw that playerlist contains some repbot commands.

You can insert the "bots" button in the 3dfibs' toolbar and put there the repbot commands. There you can also contain: 1) tourneybot's more important commands for players: "register #","players #" and "current #" 2) tourneystatsbot more important commands for players: "list name=", "list country=" and "list type="

This "bots" button will contain only the non-playing bots that are situated in fibs. I think that as you insert repbot you should insert the other 2 bots too. This is my opinion of course and thatââ,¬â,,¢s why I suggest the idea above.

I'm looking forward to download the update :cool:

socksey

QuoteCould you add an "are you sure" feature to vouching/complaining on repbot? I have accidentally vouched when asking for rep on more than one occasion and have a complaint from someone ive never met,played or even seen the name before. thx

Repbot is a separate entity from 3DFibs, although 3DFibs is automated to show Repbot Reps and saves when another player invites you to a match.  The command to remove a vouch or a complaint is the same, "tell repbot withdraw", so no problem with errors, and this is why when I suspect a dropper, I feel free to complain, because I can easily withdraw a complaint if the player resumes and finishes the match.   ;)

socksey

"Nowadays, for the sake of the advantage which is to be gained from the public revenues and from office, men want to be always in office." ââ,¬â€œ Aristotle  (things never change!)

socksey

tusconaz Posted on Mar 20 2005, 07:49 PM:  
QuoteSorry I missed the discussion. I was under the mistaken assumption that I could catch new discussions from the main page. Apparently this does not apply to old discussions that have resurfaced.

You can always catch new discussions on the home page by clicking on "active topics" found near the top on the left hand column.  However, unless you check it every day or two, you can miss these topics.  The only other way you are notified is if you have posted within a topic, you will get an email notification.

socksey

"Pavarotti is not vain, but conscious of being unique." - Peter Ustinov

webrunner

Even easier is the "view new posts" link on the right hand side ;)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

adrian

:wub:

Please , please....

Would it be so difficult to add a column to the playerlist, to see the other fibs clients used by the players ? For now we can only see who`s using 3D, which is useful for the talking wavs.

:unhappy:
Because I cannot see the client used by the inviter, I`m too often fooled to start matches with droppers from Parlorplay and Odesys.

Gallon_Jug

Hmmm someone told me about a Java run dice utility that will give you what you need as a 3DFibs plug-in ... is that for true? ;)