News:

we welcome new Sponsors..keep the board going.....advertise your thing for a modest donation contact the webmaster@fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Tournament 6 ?

Started by Tartan_TerrorMarg, February 05, 2005, 02:20:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tartan_TerrorMarg

Please excuse the ignorance of this newbie!

Is there to be a FIBS postcard tournament 6?

I'd like to play, if so.

Tartan

adamosad

Hi, you can send a personal message to Alef (from this site) and ask about that!!!

webrunner

BTW, the fact that you know of the existence of a postcard tournament proves that you are not a newbie  :cool:

You can post here any time , that is what the forum is here for.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

webrunner

Looking at the site at http://postcard.fibsboard.com i think there isn't a new tournament number 6.
I also saw that hardly any of the players send their postcards  :angry:  
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

klic

Hi Webrunner,

there's no way to specify that you received a card... I get an error:

klic reports (s)he has card received match 61.

Card received!
Warning: fopen(active/arrmata): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/alef/html/postcard/t5/reportmatch.php on line 43

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/alef/html/postcard/t5/reportmatch.php on line 45
Cannot write to file (active/arrmata)

Klaus

alef

The postcard tournaments ran out of steam. I think it was a combination of the explosion of TourneyBot tournies last year and the novelty of sending cards wearing off on the people who had played in lots of them. By our nature as online players it sometimes takes a lot of motivation to go out and buy postcards and then get to a post office. People kept asking to send eCards, but that rather lost the point.

I've retired the postcard tournament webpages to the FIBS archive:
http://www.alef.co.uk/fibs/archive/

They were fun while they lasted. Thanks to everyone who sent their cards and especially thanks to noodle and wingtsun who ran the last tournies.