News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

Would you want a JavaFIBS2001 applet?

Started by cthulhu, February 16, 2005, 11:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu

Would you want to be able to access a scaled down version of JavaFIBS2001 from your web browser? All features that need to store files on your hard drive (programmable buttons, saving matches, etc) would be missing, and probably include less boards/textures.

cthulhu

For some reason I managed to post this in the wrong forum. Could some Mod move it to the JavaFIBS forum please.  :blush:  

diane

As I understand it - this would be a way of logging on to fibs without having to download software? If so this would a valuable addition for those times when you want to get into fibs from another machine - and perhaps (like my work ones) downloading is not an option.  Parlorplay is virtually unusable - and the existing alternatives, I have not been much more successful with.  (Maybe it is me - but something a tad easier to use for those occasions would be just great!) :D

Never give up on the things that make you smile

adamosad

I have the same problem with you Diane in my work. If you are not an administrator in a limiting server network, you can not install anything.

Even if you have access from your web browser there, i think you need your work server network to support java....If it does support it, it is OK but if it does not, then the problem remains.

socksey

Yes, this would be useful!  Example my recent trip.  I had computers available to me where I was most of the time but didn't want to fill up someone else's computer space with my backgammon habit.   Since I am a total backgammon addict, believe me, the withdrawal was painful!  :tears:

Oh, and at the library (emergency online backup), they don't allow any program downloading.    :(

A laptop is on my wish list!   :P  

socksey

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Noah

If your friends/family have internet connection and java installed on their pc or mac you can copy/burn your latest JavaFIBS2001 folder to any portable media.  :eureka:

Restore your JavaFIBS2001 folder in a temp map and open the JavaFIBS.jar file to play javaFIBS with the same handyfunctions as at home. Now you can show your friends your latest statistics. :cool:

I prefer to play JavaFIBS2001 in a web browser when the addiction is growing up and there is a computer available.

So yes please improve this web browser solution...
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

diane

Lovely idea - but all our disc drives are locked down - they are adamant we will not install anything not approved. (And I dont see IT going through all the paperwork to validate and install javafibs for me here  :D ) This is an improvement though - at one time we couldnt have internet either!! We do have the java support needed (I hope I am right  :rolleyes: )

As socksey mentions - trips away are another good example - although the CD idea would work well for that - I shall bear it in mind next time I am travelling - toothbrush, towel, javafibs.... :D
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Great idea, Noah!  Thx!   Duuuhh, I would have never thought of that........well, maybe some day.  :)   LOL@diane

socksey

"The main thing about being a hero is to know when to die." - Will Rogers