News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

play65.com

Started by Tomawaky, March 16, 2005, 08:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

Hello,

No matter you already play online BackGammon for money or not.
But if you are interested I just want to let you know that you can test
it for free, and get 20$ if you sign-up at play65.com and let me know
about the nickname you subscribe with.

If you already play online for money, it's a way to discover a new site.
If not, it's a good way to of approaching the feelings which real money
games can bring to you

I don't want any missunderstood but just make thing clear
- The subscription is free
- If you tell me your nickname at play65, you will receive a 20$ credit,
and I get also a reward.
- Then you will be free to test, go on or give up....

This is a good software, well done interface and good looking. It's
another way to play BG with real money, but you will be able to play
also just for fun.
There is also good tourneys that you will be able to play for few fees
like 1$, 2$ or 5$.
So maybe the occasion to have a good time at Backgammon.

Thus you do not have any reason to miss it.
Go on at Play65.com
And communicate to me your nickname.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

klic

Well, this, and most of the other sites, only offers a windows interface. So, no windows, no luck (at least in connecting ;-) They might consider offering a java interface, so more people will have a chance to connect...

Tomawaky

Right but don't really know about security and developpement.
Can we provide all security needed for real money game with such interfaces ?
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

webrunner

Tomawaky, i removed the ID from the URL. If you are going to make money out of this, please don't do it from fibsboard. Unless of course you donate it to fibsboard ;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

:unsure:
ok I did not not it was going this way here

Thanks

So you can please remove the topic

dorbel

Come on Webby, Franck was pretty open about it. He has paid his dues over the years with all the work he has put in hasn't he? I can't see any harm in tipping people off about a new site. Personally I have had a good experience at gammonempire so far, I reccomend it to you for nothing!

klic

QuoteRight but don't really know about security and developpement.
Can we provide all security needed for real money game with such interfaces ?
Actually, I can't see why a java program on different platforms might in any way be more inscure than a native windows program. Probably it might be even more secure, with java as programming language.

Klaus

Chris

The problem might be the hacker from inside, not the usual ones from outside.  <_<
Playing backgammon for money over the net implies the risk playing against a computer player like gnubg.
It's a matter of a very few hours to write a proxy acting as a man int the middle between your client and the fibs server, so that you can play on your own but the proxy always tells you the best move before.
The protocols the money sites are using is probably encrypted. However, java code is quite easily disassembled, so I would not go for Java if I wanted to write such client.
(Of course, even without hacking the transport protocoll - you still could capture the screen periodically and tweak it to gnubg ...)

Tomawaky

right and if you play little money
there not too much risk that somebody hard works to steal you

Tomawaky

QuoteCome on Webby,....
Thanks dorbel
And you certainly miss the point that it is you first (those who will sign) who will get 20$.
Would you have prefer me not to give all of us this gift  :blink:  and keep it for me ?

klic

QuoteThe protocols the money sites are using is probably encrypted. However, java code is quite easily disassembled, so I would not go for Java if I wanted to write such client.
(Of course, even without hacking the transport protocoll - you still could capture the screen periodically and tweak it to gnubg ...)
That's at best security by obscurity, and this does not work. If somebody wants to get at the money, he can as easily disassembe a native windows program (which probably was a c++ program) as an (obfuscated) java program. If the encryption is broken so easily, then I know I don't want to play there. On the other hand, tweaking api vectors might help you put gnubg on the other end anyway. I guess it's more or less: there's one engine out there (for windows) and all those sites just put their respective graphics and extensions on it. See it from that perspective: a new design and doing it for java for how many people not running windows? 99% desktop runs windows, so no market share is far more an argument I would believe in...

Klaus
(and yes, it's getting academic :-)

webrunner

QuoteCome on Webby,....
Thanks dorbel
And you certainly miss the point that it is you first (those who will sign) who will get 20$.
Would you have prefer me not to give all of us this gift  :blink:  and keep it for me ?
I understand what you mean.
I too am a member of play65 or gammonempire (wich is the same) and i decided not to put up a request for money here unless it explicitely says that it is a sponsored link.

I am sure that if i posted the same post i was accused of being a commercial guy who is exploiting fibs.
I have a lot of respect for Tomawaky, he is prolly one of the few constant factors on fibs who is never part of any fight or quarrel. He always does everything for free.
But that doesn't mean that he can do stuff others can't.
And that is why i was so amazed that this post was put up here, also since i decided not to. I have to draw the line somewhere.

Hosting this forum (wich is not on a free server) costs money. Since i haven't had any donations for at least two years it might be a good way to raise some extra cash. Maybe we can open a joint account Tomawaky and use the money for the hosting of fibsbleagammon and fibsboard. Then we can put up a sponsored link. But the topics need to stay free of commercial stuff.

Feel free to reply, i value your opinions.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

socksey

I am confused here.  Is Tomawaky making money with this?  I thought it was just new users who get $20.  

socksey

Sir Richard F. Burton -- The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.

dorbel

Actually new members get credited with a bonus of $2 when they sign up, but the member who has introduced them gets $20. Once you have signed up and deposited some cash, all very easy, you are in and can of course earn some $20 bonuses for yourself. There is no shouts which will be a deprivation for fibsters, but all games are rated and you have two separate ratings, one for fun games and one for money games. There are oodles of astonishingly weak players who like to play money games for small stakes, so get in there and fill your boots!

Tomawaky

Yes my post was here just cause someone tell me that if I bring some people here he will give to their nick 20$. Nothing to deposit for the players.

This is 20$ FREE

If this same person don't respect what he said to me.
Be sur that I will make bad advertising in the other way on my free time.

Now yes this same person told me that I will earn some extra for these new players.
But both are winning.

Do you really think that acting this way, I am a commercial guy who is exploiting fibs. ?????

socksey

thx for the clarification, dorbel!  :D   btw, i also play on gammonempire and enjoy the free games there.  i haven't been brave enough to play for real money, yet, but i may eventually.   :rolleyes:

socksey

"The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery." - Mark Van Doren

webrunner

I am not accusing you Tomawakyt, but i was accused in the past... as i explained.
I have to draw the line somewhere. I would remove posts like that from any other member so i can't really maken an exception for you. If i let this post be then everybody can put commercial posts like that, and that is not what i want (and i think most people on thes forum).

Too bad that you are not responding to my other points/suggestions Tomawaky.
:(  
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

As I said, it was not commercial in my mind and I can' see any other point to answer to !
But you're right it was certainly not the right place to speak about.

MND

I actually got 20$ to start with there, thanks to Tomawaky, so Im of course happy about it.
Regards

dorbel

Now loosen up a bit webby. You say that you have to draw the line somewhere, but you don't really say why. Who suffers if Tomawaky puts up a post saying "Hey guys, join this site and they will give you and me some money"? Nobody. Who gains? Everybody who wants to take advantage of the information in his post. Why is this a problem? I mean it's not as if fibsboard is constantly flooded with commercial advertising is it?  

webrunner

A late reply is better then no reply....  <_<

As i said, i have to draw the line somewhere.
If someone is making money by posting his affiliate links on this forum and i allow it, soon a lot of people will do that. Believe me i have seen it before on another forum i manage.

Also as you can see i have banners of play65 and gammonempire that pay for the hosting of Fibsboard. So i am not entirely against these sites. I just don't like people posting their affiliate links on my forum.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

antonbordiur

As i know there are more online backgamon sites than play65 for example you can take a look at this site and take a look at backgammon download section. Sites mentioned here have and reviews!!

Tomawaky

Play65 and GammonEmpire are the same.

ClubGames is in my mind a really good new website, but it seems that no many people appreciate his web based client.

webrunner

Actually they are not really the same, they only use the same software.
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Tomawaky

QuoteActually they are not really the same, they only use the same software.
Right That is what I tought about