News:

want to modify your profile? -- top menu  here, then "modify profile" left menu- then "Forum Profile Information"

Main Menu

Nobody on JavaFibs

Started by krawa, May 16, 2005, 09:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagoWiz

Krawa, did you set up your name and password in the user options ?  If you didn't, Java fibs hasno clue on how to connect...

cthulhu

This problem is known but the reason why is unknown. Other people have also experienced the same result. I have no clue why but it seems that you can't send anything to FIBS even if you can recieve data from FIBS. It will be apparent if you wait several minutes until you are timed out and disconnected from FIBS.

One person managed to solve this by turning off his Norton-whatever-program. After that it worked. Try shutting off any other program you are running before connecting with JavaFIBS and see if it's working.

krawa

Like i already said, i did the same on two other PC and it work fine. I unsinstall and reinstall and ... nothing. I created many users in JavaFibs, it's OK but impossible to connect. I haven't Norton but i disconected AVG and all others program .... always the same. I think i'll never play with JavaFibs, stay on Netgammon !!

Thanks for all persons tried to help me.

Krawa.

Tomawaky

non c'est pas possible  :(
reste avec nous tu vas te plaire
essaye un autre client !
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

adamosad

I agree with Tomawaky.

I'm on Win XP too and i use both javafibs and 3dfibs.

Try the second one and stay with us... there is always room for new fibsters :yes:  

krawa

LOL
So, you will think that i'm a newb with my computer because i have also some issue with 3D. I have already play one time with 3DFibs but now, when i try to connect to Fibs (again), 3DFIBS download "List.htm" (i don't know what to do with that) and after the program not respond .... I can precise that i'm a IT manager, it' very rare that i have issue with my PC and often i resolve the issue of my friends .... but with the FIBS Client i have a bad star.

socksey

Just download it and save where it wants to go, then close.  It will then offer to log you in.

Tomawaky, please use English on fibsboard or both in same post, and translate for me.  Thank you.  ;)  

socksey

"A brain scan revealed Andrew Caddick is not suffering from a stress fracture of the shin." - Jo Sheldon

Tomawaky

Tomawaky, please use English on fibsboard or both in same post, and translate for me.  Thank you.  ;)  

socksey

Hi socksey  :)
You know my perfect english  :wacko:

And as I met a new french fibsters, i t was more easy to use my natural language.
But for You I will take time and the challenge to translate  :wub:

French Lesson 1

non c'est pas possible :(  => No it is not possible (icon is the same :) )

reste avec nous tu vas te plaire => Stay with us, you will enjoy

essaye un autre client ! => Try another software

To sockey my friend => A toi mon amie socksey.

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

spielberg

Careful sox. I mistrust this frenchman who may well be trying to corrupt your mind.

Tous la monde parles l'anglais - la francaise est la langue d'amour tu sais.

adamosad

Translation for Socksey:

People of all over the world speak english but french is the "love" language!!!  ;)  

socksey

Thank you all!  I love the French language, but on Fibsboard as moderator, I need to know what you are saying, so if you post in a language other than English, please post with translation to English as well.   ;)

But when whispering in my ear, no translation needed!   :P

socksey

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true." ~ Robert Wilensky

Tomawaky