News:

VIP Donor members get fewer ads;  Donate - don't be late
cheers

Main Menu

Fibs summer in Holland

Started by jtemp, June 29, 2005, 12:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtemp

20 august, Utrecht, Little tourney. Hopefully in the garden from ""Ledig Erf", otherwise at Mike o'Connell Irish Pub............more later..............
hup holland hup

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

Noah

As we have the same nice weather as last year and we want to play in the evening......don't forget to bring candles.

When on that saturday the sun is shining, i suggest to meet eachother at the terras of Cafe Ledig Erf. http://www.inutrechtuit.nl/cafes/cafe_ledigerf.html
From there it is a 15 minutes walk through a nice part of the old centre of Utrecht to
Café Mick O'Connells. That's a nice place to eat, drink and play a small tourney.
http://www.geocities.com/mick_oconnells/

Allready looking forward to see fibs players again...

:beerdrinkers:  
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

coriend

wyzzz

:D

Sounds great to me.  I will be there!!!

cya y'all there  :cool:

wyzzz

best of all things to all.....

zdoc

Leuk!  :) ik zet 't vast in m'n agenda...
"you can't save time, you can only do less"

Zorba

I'll be there!

:2drunk:  :guitar:  :innocent:  :coffee:  :smash:  :katsjing:  :beerdrinkers:  :beer:  :thumbsup2:  :yes:  :wub:  :)  :rolleyes:  B)  :D  ^_^  :lol:  
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

webrunner

Wij zijn er waarschijnlijk ook, als we een oppas kunnen regelen ;)
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

Hardy_whv

QuoteWij zijn er waarschijnlijk ook, als we een oppas kunnen regelen ;)
Hey webrunner,

pas op! Je krijgt er zeker een eMail van socksey, omdat IEDER post hier in het Engels  moet zijn - ik heb er al twee  :D

Hardy  B)

P.S.: Ik zal ook mijn best doen, naar Utrecht te komen. De kans staat 50-50.
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

diane

QuoteHey webrunner,

pas op! Je krijgt er zeker een eMail van socksey, omdat IEDER post hier in het Engels  moet zijn - ik heb er al twee  :D
Yes - this made me giggle too  :D

But to be fair - i think we can be fairly sure webrunner isnt posting something that might  bring the board into disrepute - as for all you lot though..... ;)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile

socksey

Quotepas op! Je krijgt er zeker een eMail van socksey, omdat IEDER post hier in het Engels moet zijn - ik heb er al twee

He's obviously telling webbie I emailed him to post in English as well as whatever that is and why doesn't webbie have to do the same.    ;)))   :lol:  Am I right?  

socksey

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

webrunner

As far as i am concerned this is an international forum.
I have seen posts in German, spanisch, dutch french and english.
That is all ok by me, as long as the main stream is in english.
I think that when people post in their own language, it is probably only interesting for people who can read and understand it. Am i right?
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

adamosad

Yes if you add fibsters who use systran :lol:

aram

QuoteAs far as i am concerned this is an international forum.
I think that when people post in their own language, it is probably only interesting for people who can read and understand it. Am i right?

I think it is legitimate to write in your language without translation.
Ciao

AK

socksey

QuoteI think that when people post in their own language, it is probably only interesting for people who can read and understand it. Am i right?

Webbie, I think you are wrong about this!  You have appointed me moderator.  How can I moderate if I only read English and something is posted in another language?  That is why I send personal emails to anyone who posts in another language to post in both so that I can moderate.  So far, everyone has been cooperative with my requests.   :)  

But, of course, the main reason is that I am interested in everything that is posted here anyway!  So, you see, if I were not moderating, I would want to know what is being said in my community of Fibsboard and Fibs.  You may have seen me shout many times while on Fibs to speak English.  This is because I am a dummy where languages are concerned and want to know what is being said.  

I know enough Spanish and French to perhaps identify a few words and maybe what is being spoken about, but certainly not enough to everything being said.   :rolleyes:  

I have stated on the board somewhere before maybe a couple of times to please, if you want to post in another language, to post a translation also in english.  Since Fibs is an english speaking based server, I don't think this request is being unfair.  Also, I think that the majority of Fibsters speak English.  

socksey

"Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., 'Letter from Birmingham Jail' in Why We Can't Wait 1963.

Hardy_whv

Hi socks,

Webbie, I think you are wrong about this!  You have appointed me moderator.  How can I moderate if I only read English and something is posted in another language? 

if it's just a question of a missing moderator for the different languages, I might apply for moderator in German and Dutch  :D

I think, we should keep as much posts as possible understandable for everyone. But if there is someone interested in a FIBS gathering in xy-Land, but does not speak xy-language, why not allow him posting something just in xy? I don't care that much if I don't understand 1 out of 1000 posts  :rolleyes:

But perhaps we should keep this thread for NL-FIBS-Party issues primarily. I really didn't want to start this discussion here. I just wanted to tease webrunner (and you) a bit  :P

Yours,

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

socksey

QuoteBut, of course, the main reason is that I am interested in everything that is posted here anyway!

OK, I've been teased!  Now, translate what you posted!   :lol:

Back to summer in Holland!   :D  

socksey

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

spielberg

In the interest of international humanity (and a chance to tease Sox) I hearby post the definitive translation of webrunner' original statement and hardy's response (in Dutch the fiends).

Webrunner: We'll be there too , if we can get a babysitter.

Hardy: Watch out! You'll certainly get an email from Socksey because EVERY post here must be in english! (I already have 2 emails from her)

Returning the thread to its original theme this looks like being a fine get-together - I shan't be able to make this one as I'm having some pins taken out of my foot at around the same time but trust a very good time will be had by all. I also note happily that Diane is no longer camera shy and will happily volunteer to edit, label, squash etc. any digiphotos of the event.

socksey

QuoteWebrunner: We'll be there too , if we can get a babysitter.
I volunteer to babysit!  You'll have to pay my way there, tho.  LOL  Or, send her to me!  ;)

QuoteHardy: Watch out! You'll certainly get an email from Socksey because EVERY post here must be in english! (I already have 2 emails from her)

LOL........Now, I know why you were worried, Hardy!   :P

QuoteI shan't be able to make this one as I'm having some pins taken out of my foot at around the same time
I want to hear all about the foot!   ^_^   What happened?

You guys all have a great time!  Why not take the baby if you can't find a sitter!  I'm sure you will get more volunteers!  :)

socksey

"Why do psychics have to ask you for your name?" - Steven Wright

coriend

when will we be sure where the party is? Noah?Jant ? ...... someone else?   :huh: