News:

Please consider re-bookmarking your link to Fibsboard's Home page for a complete experience http://www.fibsboard.com

Main Menu

Little bug sorting by ratings

Started by Palomar, July 14, 2005, 11:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palomar

What does the Bible say about the last ones becoming the firsts? Well it seems to apply to FIBS: if you sort by ratings and someone has a rating under 1000 (yes, it seems possible!), then that person is placed at the bottom, as if he had the best rating of all.

Odd, isn't it?

Palomar

amarganth

I haven't checked it.

If the sort is by character, instead of number, then it is a common IT problem:
  "981" > "2143".
To be is to do
          Sokrates
To do is to be
          Sartre
Do be do be do
          Sinatra

socksey

Bottom is best?  Well, maybe in some things it's the easy way.   :rolleyes:    :lol:

socksey

"I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder." - Steven Wright  

spielberg

socksey

Somehow, I knew!   :lol:

socksey

"The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread." - Steven Wright

diane

QuoteWhat does the Bible say about the last ones becoming the firsts? Well it seems to apply to FIBS: if you sort by ratings and someone has a rating under 1000 (yes, it seems possible!), then that person is placed at the bottom, as if he had the best rating of all.

Odd, isn't it?

Palomar
I dont know cocoafibs - not having a mac myself - but in sorting, it is typical to put the highest at the top, just as in any alphabetical list 'A' is at the top. Java has the same format - maybe we all naturally follow that biblical order!  ;)  
Never give up on the things that make you smile