News:

controversial "other online games" Board introduced --GO, Poker, Scrabble and gosh even Chess.....let me know :)

Main Menu

Game 3, move 10: Roderick 6-6

Started by diane, July 25, 2013, 09:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Roderick

Ok.  A 2nd set of sixes.  As though the first set wasn't bad enough!

If I maintain my backgame I essentially have nothing.  I need to place checkers too deep or too awkwardly.  It's a disaster.  I was just playing a 2-4 backgame yesterday when I got 3's.  playing slightly awkwardly was wrong over 21/18(2) and shuffling the spares by about 0.05...  And that was when I could still maintain some semblance of a board without coming to the bar.

I suspect that in this position not transitioning from a backgame to 2-point holding game is much worse, given the resulting homeboard and checker distribution elsewhere.

I'll play 21/9(2)

Roderick

Roderick

Haven't really assessed it but since I've transitioned from a good backgame and have a weaker position there may be some interest in a cube, FYI.

I'm stuck on the deuce, you have 2 directs and I have another blot out there.  Should at least cross one's mind, even if it's wrong (not saying it is or isn't).  And you're up by a lot in the race.  Of course, you do have some bad rolls.  ;-)

And I'd take, of course, if I was cubed.