News:

Thx to our VIP donor/subscribers in 2014 cheers! MAffi diane Tom Zorba  Sixty_something Linus & Aviator

Main Menu

Release 2.0.2 - Active notifications

Started by inim, November 29, 2008, 12:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inim

Repbot has been updated to version 2.0.2 today, which adds one new feature. You can request to be notified via message of all vouchers, complaints and withdraws related to your username. Of course all your complaints, vouchers and withdrawls are reported to the other player as well, if he/she/it has notifications enabled.

To enable this feature, you need to "tell repbot alert on", i.e. the toggle which also allows for notification on logged in opponents is reused. Patti decided that any active message sent by RepBot must be "opt-in" for users, so this feature is disabled by default for new accounts.

Please report any issue you encounter with the new feature in this thread. Thx & enjoy.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

touristguide

Hi inim,

this is a nice new feature. Good idea!
!But ...
I activated it immediately and just received my first notification:
"RepBotNG says: *****, with whom you have a saved game, has just logged in."

Actually I don't have a saved game with *****
:(

-> show saved

opponent          matchlength   score (your points first)

XXXXX                   3                1 -  1

where XXXXX is not *****

A trace may be the following: I thought i had 2 saved games lastly, but today it's only the one with XXXXX. I don't remember really, but maybe the one missing could be ***** - i know this nick.

inim

Quote from: touristguide on November 29, 2008, 01:27:52 PM
"RepBotNG says: *****, with whom you have a saved game, has just logged in."

Actually I don't have a saved game with *****
:(

This isn't a bug, it is just a false alert ;) The underlying reason is the same one which makes the number of saved games to differ from show saved. See: http://www.fibsboard.com/repbot/faulty-saved-game-count-t2044.0.html;msg15945#msg15945

What happens is simply that RepBot relies on saved game data from fibs.com, which already has false positives.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

touristguide

Repbot now says:
RepBotNG says: *****, with whom you MAY have a saved game, has just logged in.

That's fine. Thanks

stog

repbot hasn't access to the command query(show saved) operated from javafibs which gives our actual saved games?

am i right repbot can't query the fibs server-- only the saved games list on fibs.com

is there a command to get another player's saved?

stog

You shout: is there a command to get another player's saved games?
You shout: i see that the who command can be combined with an ondividual player
You shout: if that command was scripted there would be no problems  on getting someone's actual saved list
boomslang shouts: there is no such fibs command, stog
You shout: i know -- but it could be scripted

it is available to the player who invites - via their command "show saved"
You tell inim: that's a reality
inim says: yes, but it must be tunneled through a client controlled by the player calling whois
inim says: you must BE that player

i see only the individual from their client can do that...

You tell inim: thx:)
You tell inim: and thx for your work on repbot
inim says: thank burper and avik, i am just the 3rd maintainer