News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

donzbot creator?

Started by thenonsequitur, March 23, 2004, 04:17:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenonsequitur

Does anyone know who the creator of donzbot is? Donzbot has appeared to crash on me (I doubled it and have waited over half an hour total so far for a response).

So I dropped and now it has complained to the RepBot about me. It's not a big deal, but it's kind of annoying (not to mention the extra saved game that I can't get rid of).

Perhaps if the creator of donzbot reads this board, something can be done about it?

diane

Seems a bit harsh to me - and one of the problems of bots using repbot. Overall not a problem if the bot firstly - removes the complaint if the game is resumed and played out - and would also vouch for say, 20 games played and completed.
Never give up on the things that make you smile

webrunner

I think donzbot was created by donzeamon.
I heard that the bot withdraws the complaint as soon as you resume the match but i don't know that for sure.
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

donzaemon

Yeah .. it's me ..
I have removed the repbot-complaint thing completely because it was pissing too many people off... until things were changed it would complain at any dropped match but withdraw as soon as the match was re-joined ... this seemed like it would only hurt the droppers but it was just starting too many wars.
There is one bug that has come up a couple of times when the bot is offered a double .. I have written a fix for that just yesterday but not tested it yet.. it looks like that bug may be your probem ... either way I have withdrawn the complaint about you and had donzbot vouch for you because of your trouble ... getting it to continue might be another problem if the fix is indeed not working .. I can kick it in the butt for you to get it going if I am present and I'll work on getting the bug fixed so it goes automatically and this doesn't happen again ... but you're better off contacting me when you are going to play and I'll give it a kick because it looks like the fix may not be working at the present.
Sorry
He who knows and knows he knows, is wise, follow him
He who knows and knows not he knows, is asleep, wake him
He who knows not and knows he knows not, is a child, teach him
He who knows not and knows not he knows not, is an idiot, f*ck him

thenonsequitur

Thanks for looking into it (and thanks for the voucher)... I wanted to alert you the problem as much to get the complaint removed as to just let you know about the bug. Donzbot appears to be on fibs right now (as do you actually...), so when it is done with its current game, I will try resuming and let you know how it goes.

adrian

B) I think that complaining to repbot for dropping matches with bots is a GOOD thing. Maybe you (and creators of mgnu-s, bonehead, parlorbot and MonteCarlo) should implement a count of saved matches with every opp. that intrerrupts matches willingly or not, and complain after 3-rd saved match. (First time a player may be upsed, second time he may had a connection problem, but the 3-rd time... quite enough!)  
Helping people is tricky. Give help to anyone and he will remember it only when he is in need again.