Fibs league. Any changes due?

Started by dorbel, October 04, 2004, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dorbel

I very much enjoy playing in Fibsleague, but I wonder if there is any demand for change? Is two (occasionally three) months the ideal time span for a league session? Would six weeks better say, or even monthly? Is 7 points the ideal match length? I personally find it a bit short and would rather see 11 pointers. Any ideas fibsleaguers?

Tomawaky

For me there is 2 reasons to not reduce League's Sessions :
1Ã,°/ I want to support the players who do not play much but want to take part in those kind of event.
2Ã,°/ Less than 2 monts would be too many works for me as the tasks between 2 sessions are manual

I really prefer to add more tourney rather than add more session reducing their length.
If people want to play more tourney match they just have to sign up for many tourneys. And the others just choose the one they want to play in. And like that everybody is satisfied.

For the length match, I found 7Pts is appropriate for a regular tourney.
And besides when I organize other tournaments I often choose more significant lengths.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

dorbel

Yes, I can see that more work for Franck is not an option, we all owe him a lot already. Merci beaucoup M. Tomawaky.  

Tomawaky

Consider the first point too.
When I first play Backgammon, I started playing in some kind of GamesGrid's Leagues or Gammonze's ones and playing 2 sessions by month forced me to spend my time behind my screen :stupid3:
I like BG but not only that's why I created this league to let me time to do some other kind of thing and keep pleasure playing tournament.
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."