News:

welcome to Fibsboard! your global moderators are stog (and mrs stog) socksey sixty diane zorba and a wonderful group of individual board moderators ......thx to ALL

Main Menu

BAGOLYMPIC

Started by Tomawaky, May 28, 2004, 09:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

EddieVedd

The reigning Premiers  :beer:

After 3 titles in a row :ohmaster:

In the toughest Australian Rules competition in the WORLD !  :LOL2:

BrizzyLions[/size]   !   :kisshart:

Has agreed to host BagOlympic tourneys  -   Every Tuesday at 1Pm GMT  - In addition to those already held. Beginning 1st Week in JULY.

GMT / TOURNEY TIMECLOCK, SCHEDULE & STANDINGS

If any TD's can make say 3AM  every Tuesday &/or Sunday we will have the time zones covered !   :cool:

Thanks Brizzy from the Southern Hemisphere  :jump:  
[size=8]"..father he enjoyed collisions...others walked away...[/size]...."

burper

July is coming up fast!
TD's for BagOlympic sessions in July should make sure the calendar is up to date and accurate.
http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?&act=calendar

EddieVedd

Please ignore my previous post, sadly Brizzylions has pulled out of hosting tourneys :(  If any other TD can commit to different time zone hosting for BagOlympics please let us know. It would be appreciated by many :)

Thanks,

Eddie.

EddieVedd

I'd like to say a big  :beerdrinkers: CHEERS to Tomawaky after the successful completion of the BagOlympics' first month !

Competitors from 18 countries !!! couldn't get close to the GoGOgiZ man :)

TD's showed up and persevered despite the noisy minority  :yes:

All around GREAT FUN thanks Tomawaky !!  :D

alef

Congrats gogogiz, way to go!!  :beer:  And for the morning/evening hangovers, here's some :coffee:  

alef

QuotePlease ignore my previous post, sadly Brizzylions has pulled out of hosting tourneys :(  If any other TD can commit to different time zone hosting for BagOlympics please let us know. It would be appreciated by many :)

Thanks,

Eddie.
Well there are a few Ozzies who come to mind, such as clay and Simon Woodhead, but surely the man for the job is EddieVedd! Or maybe this would suit Tremorchrist better?  ;)  

EddieVedd

Thanks Alef for your first comments on this strand.  They dont have to be Aussies , just someone willing to commit regularly to a time other than those covered already. In an effort to cover all time zones for this Global tourney. Can you do it please ?

On the first page of this strand I said....

EddieVedd Posted: Jun 9 2004, 02:30 AM

Quote(This would be seem appropriate time to mention my apprecitaion for those who have chosen to be TD's for the benefit of others and my regret at not doing it myself. My decision not to is based on..... my working week is a 24/7 rotating roster that removes ANY consistency from week to week. Much of my bg play is done AT work  and there i am at risk of HAVING to leave at any moment. Basically rendering me unreliable for regular appointments  That said i am more than willing to help in any way i can outside of these limitations and try to contribute to the amazing efforts y'all have put in so far ! Read : gogo sox diane Tom burp brizzy mano webr alley kari houtx  , you get the idea  )

Since then i have written alot on the topic that has largely gone unanswered , contiued to work at what is now the FIBS World Cup with lots of help from tryout and Tomawaky (announcement and web page imminent) and sadly lost Brizzy, the one person who stood up and said I'll help ! This was very disappointing because of the way it happened. The reasons WHY it happened ? I dont have all the facts and will not comment on yet because i trust you and the others who have deemed....

alef Posted: Jun 25 2004, 05:32 PM
QuoteThe nitty gritty of the disagreements aren't really sensible for public posting.

Personally i favour transparency as the first option.

I'll just mention Diane here as the other TD who has offered explanation why she cant make other times. Thanks DI.

Tremorchrist has long since retired and his son's moved away, I dont think clay or simon are TD's so the request remains in place with humble gratitude for those that might consider it.

Cheers,

Eddie.  :P  

EddieVedd

For those who may have been following this thread B)

It has begun !!  :yes:

With enourmous help from Tryout, Tomawaky, MadMatt, Webrunner, Alef, Burper, BrizzyLions, Diane and the other Voluntary Tournament Coordinators  ( V - TC's  :P  )  phase 2 of the B'GOlympics is underway :)

Here's a link to the starting post ;

The FIBS World Cup !

I made my first ever Fibsboard post on this thread largely because of what these people had done to improve my enjoyment online  :rolleyes:  I had been prospering from their efforts for some time and then saw an opportunity to add to what had been created. This was the catalyst for me caring about times zones and equality in competition.

What I've found is all number of people willing to... no... going out of their way to, help everyone have more fun  :agree:  

Thanks  :beer:  and i hope we enjoy  :jump2: ( < always been my favourite smilie).  

burper

Session #2 for July 2004 was held on TourneyBot as #848, Here are my notes:

mrbond says: england : W2:W3:W4:W5, 7 points

MateoZ says: bolivia: W2:W3:W4:L5, 4 points

NIHolympic shouts: USA: W1:W2:W3:L4, 3 points

Denise says: can i play for USA?: W1:W2:L3, 2 points
DirtyHarryII: denmark: W1:W2:L3, 2 points
zedi says: italy: W2:W3:L4, 2 points
shugat says: shugat is USA: W1:W2:L3, 2 points

drjesse: canada: W1:L2, 1 points
juanz: Spain: W1:L2, 1 points
mano: France: W1:L2, 1 points
Matrasback: Italy!!!: W2:L3, 1 points
samirah says: switzerland: W1:L2, 1 points
Schloti says: germany: W1:L2, 1 points
vegasvic shouts: USA: W1:L2, 1 points

Mort says: usa: L2, 0 points
Robocop says: costa rica: L1, 0 points
ROMA_L says: Morocco: L2, 0 points
Shades says: Netherlands: L1, 0 points
socksey says: usa: L1, 0 points
sticks shouts: USA: L1, 0 points
vvdd says: netherlands: L1, 0 points
zdoc: netherlands: L1, 0 points
Asandy says: hiya burber. I'm from the Netherlands: L1, 0 points
bacalhau says: canada: L1, 0 points
gogogiz: england: L1, 0 points
manic says: i'm from australia: L1, 0 points

alef

QuoteThanks Alef for your first comments on this strand.  They dont have to be Aussies , just someone willing to commit regularly to a time other than those covered already. In an effort to cover all time zones for this Global tourney. Can you do it please ?
It's surprisingly easy to lose track of topics and threads here, guess that's a small side effect of the success of this Board...

Sorry to not help on this one, dear Eddie, but I'm avoiding both running and playing in tournies for a while. I'm juggling quite a few things and though my enthusiasm for FIBS as a whole remains high I think it best to not commit to specific times.

It's an *excellent* concept for a tournament though, big round of applause for all the organizers!  :yes:  

EddieVedd

Cheers Alef and NP :)  thanks for letting us know here :)  :beerdrinkers:  

burper

How did BagO go on Sunday diane?

diane

BagOlympic results for Sunday 18th July - held on TBot, tourney No 57

1. _donja_ - germany - winner - 7 points

2. NIHolympic - usa - runner up - 4 points

3. all get 3 points
  juanz - spain
  aslengyel - romania

5. All get 2 points
  samirah - switzerland
  mano - france
  sticks - usa
  Backwoods - finland

9. All get 1 point
  wyzzz - usa
  socksey - usa
  zdoc - usa
  sunray - canada
  gogogiz - uk
  poune - france
  teyakis - uk
  diane  - uk

17. Mort (usa) Shades (netherlands) mrbond(uk) maxilex (netherlands)
inim (germany) DirtyHarryII (denmark) THEdiceLIE (usa)
oo_Giorgio_oo (italy) resh_lakish (usa) - all get zero points

On a special note - a big thanks to burper :ohmaster:  for supplying a back up bot to run the event, since TourneyBot was unavailable all day sunday.  Without the TBot there would have been no tourney!! :thumbsup2:
Sorry to scardy who turned up too late to be instructed on registering - for future reference folks - please take care to note which bot is being used for the tourney.  As and when TBot comes fully online - some TDs may prefer to use the updated version - since it has some handy shortcuts and features.    
Never give up on the things that make you smile

Anakin

Like EddieVedd I am passionate about having Australia involved in BAGOlympics and I support his suggestion that matches be played at different time periods. Any time between 800 - 1400 UTC would suit me nicely. The time period of 2400 - 800 UTC would be ideal, but I don't know if any TD's would be available at that time. To put it simply, do you guys think 8am or midnight UTC is a possible timeslot?

Anakin  :)  

diane

OK - i will throw caution to the wind and volunteer for a midnight slot, at least once per fortnight, Weds is probably the best day to offer this - as i am about over the weekend by then.  I will agree to show up and ensure it starts and see it through if need be - but perhaps if another suitable TD is around/available i could pass it on if it runs to three hours  :D

How does that sound?

EddieVedd

It sounds terrific Diane ! Thanks   :kiss:  

10Am our time is a whole lot better than 5am :) Would you mind confirming with Tomawaky  and asking him to update the times you chose on the web page ? Cheers :)

Good on you Anakin, gl with making the Team :)
And any other alternative times would still be welcomed TD's  :P

Eddie.

diane

Ok the best way to put this in a straightforward way is to state i will run one on the first and third weds of each month (same format as the rest then - and almost one per fortnight :) ) I will run the first on 4th august.  

Tomawaky - can you enter that on to the webpage - but if you could also include a note to the effect that any help from other TDs would be welcomed on the night that would be splendid - thx.

Anakin

WoW!! You have impressed me Diane, your response time was amazing!!
Thanks for volunteering to fill this time slot, it will be a big help for me and others.

Anakin   :)  

diane

I had been thinking on it for a while - since i am often around at that time, and when i came in this wednesday for a practice run, i found gogo there and running a tourney - so i am quietly confident someone will be around to help  :D