News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Posting Team League results

Started by stiefnu, October 26, 2009, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stiefnu

When posting a TL loss, the loser is required to enter the final match score.  As the matches are to 5 points, I have assumed that the winner's score would be 5 maximum.  However, I have noticed some matches shown with scores of, for example, 10-2.  What is the correct procedure please?

stog

truth

and if it only allows for single digit entry -- try 9!

stiefnu

Well, the truth is that the winner of a 5-pt match is the one who first gets to score 5.  Any further points gained, from a post-Crawford doubled gammon or backgammon, may be very satisfying but are they relevant?
:dontknow:

stog

no but actual match scores are interesting ---in a cricket sense! 3-64 suggests they were throwing the cube around with abandon and sadistic pleasure; further there may be a player who has lost only 1 game  in the whole session and is   understandably pleased withthemself and wanting for others to know..

wtf --but my typing is getting better :)

and these posts are loading swifter, or is it because mrs stog is away and ive got the bandwidth to myself
and the grog ;)

stog

further mr wacky tom has produced a fine site to enjoy the team league -- i have just looked at the matches of a team and the scores really illuminate the play! thx tomawacky

take a look yourself and you will see the match scores -- 5-0 then 0-5 wacking and being wacked--

i even spotted you in the list stiefnu

oh was one of your wins by more than 5?

i seee ;)

yes i think it is incumbant on the loser to post the defeat with the match score - it is their penance for the loss (the winner need think about nothing!

much :)

Tomawaky

Score do not really matter in this Team League, but has I added this feature I use it.
It could be interesting to keep in mind the score. And yes in a 5 Pts Match, the point above are not necessary but I think that the real score has to be posted
Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."