News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

C4FIBS on Linux

Started by Pykos, December 18, 2004, 01:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

esp

Ok.  I'm giving this a go on Linux.  (now, it would have been a lot easier if your source was compilable with the standard make commands, as I am now installing kylix real quick, and haven't done any pascal or even borland product in 10 years - but I'll get it it sorted.  I'll be letting you know how it goes, perhaps even a screenshot here or there.)

esp

(Gentoo Linux - Fluxbox WM)

esp

Well, this isn't working so well.  Kylix is installed, Ver 3.  I tried opening c4fibs.dpr  I get a whole load of problems, starting with some like - Error reading frmChat.DragKind: Property DragKind does not exist. and Class TRichEdit not found.  So, I don't really know delphi well enough to even start digging on this.

however, I did try installing the BGBoard component.  after having to change the filename from bgboard.pas to BGBoard.pas, I did get it to compile and add the component to user. something or another.  Still no luck with the entire thing.

I tried to get Indy working, and no luck with that either.  errors abound.  back to JavaFIBS for a bit.

>>esp

Pykos

My plan was to have one source package, that can be compiled both on Windows and Linux. Unfortunatelly I found out, that Kylix and Delphi 5 are not very compatible. Too many changes and much experience were needed to compile C4FIBS with Kylix.

Now I migrated from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005 PE. Maybe it works now better with Kylix. I will give it a try but its not priority. The new version is not yet in CVS. If someone wants to try it too, please contact me.

By the way:
You can get Borland Delphi 2005 PE and Kylix for free.
Borland.com
Borland.PL