News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Signatures Policy

Started by stog, May 28, 2012, 09:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stog

Up until now we've been pretty lenient with our forums signature policy and here on Fibsboard we've allowed certain sig-features that aren't allowed on other  forums eg allowing users to use html linked sigs

i've recently had to remove some posts for advertising

Quotei have removed your posts as they contravene our no advertising without consent ---

from about fibsboard http://www.fibsboard.com/index.php?page=9

"While we are happy to provide Free support forums for the free backgammon softwares, fibs server and allied projects, and all free stuff, we do welcome a modest donation, when commercial software and ventures use our boards to give support and inherent promotion, for their products and services."

further i PM'd about Signatures

"prohibited are signatures with advertising content. Exceptions to this rule may be made if there is a prior arrangement with Fibsboard
Admin reserve the right to remove or alter any signatures deemed inappropriate."

ie if you want to advertise or promote please ask us first - we do charge for advertising..

stog

non profit making linking is more difficult;

i remember speaking to someone some time ago, who was linking to another bg site - which was quite good and maybe useful/enjoyable for fibsboarders.

i did take exception though that i had not been asked, nor was there any offer of a reciprocal link from that site, when i contacted them.