News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

FFM19 Game 3 Move 15: Herd to play 43

Started by Julia_H, August 07, 2014, 08:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia_H

It seems like Gnu is determined not to let the game be decided by a hit?

jeff

Spoiler
Pardon an BG fool for joining (and joining late), but why would we even consider that third move: 18/14, 11/8?
[close]
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

NIHILIST

Judging by the vote, nobody did.

Seriously, a good player should consider all options, then decide which he believes is best. A closed mind isn't exactly an asset in backgammon.............or in life, for that matter.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

jeff

That's very true. But I didn't mean it quite that literally. I meant more to mean "what are the advantages of that play?". I see no value in it and would have discarded it quickly (after my open mind found it).
My strategy: Always double right before your best roll.

Julia_H

Occasionally I add a rather poor move to the list (especially when there are few options) or miss out a plausible alternative. It's so the Herd can't automatically deduce which moves are blunders simply by whether they appear in my list or not.