Euro FIBS Party 2008!

Started by krautlover, April 22, 2008, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krautlover

Martin - krautlover - kemokid at Y! (soon Microsoft) dot com

FIBS Party 2008 - Wo und Wann?

Hello all! (Und h@llo c@ss!)

Letztes Jahr habe ich das Euro-FIBS-Party-Tournier gewonnen. Deswegen kann ich dieses Jahr den Standort wählen - vielleicht. Erstmal muss ich wissen, dass andere Leute kommen können!

Erinnert euch, sie ist die *Euro*-FIBS Party! Gut für euch - sie wird nicht in Amerika sein. Aber ich habe gern in Tschechien gehen - Brno oder Prag - oder vielleicht irgendwo in der Nähe von die Deutsche Grenze, wenn das besser für viele Leute ist. Gibt es jemand, der in Tschechien wohnt und die Party planen hilfen kann? Wenn das nicht möglich ist, können wir uns statt dessen in Berlin treffen.

In mitten September wird mein Bruder sich in England verheiratet. Es würde mehr effizient wenn ich nur eine Reise machen müsste. So ist es am besten für mich wenn wir in späten August spielen. Nächstes besten ist mitten August, aber dann könnt ihr meine Verlobte nicht sehen!

Gibt mir eure Denken!

Chuss,
Martin (krautlover)

-------

FIBS Party 2008 - Where and When?

Hello all!

Last year I won the Euro FIBS Party tournament. Therefore I get to choose the location this year - perhaps. First I must know whether other people can come!

Remember - it is the *Euro* FIBS Party. Lucky for you, it won't be in America. But I would like to go to the Czech Republic - Brno or Prague - or maybe somewhere near the German border, if that's better for many people. Is there someone who lives in the Czech Republic and can help plan the party? If that is not possible, we could meet in Berlin instead.

In mid-September, my brother is getting married in England. It would be more efficient if I could make only one trip. So it would be best for me if we played in late August. Next best is middle August, but then you won't get to see my fiancée!

Give me your thoughts!

Martin (krautlover)

wintom

Berlin sounds good, Prag sounds even better. Count me in!

Thomas
The Backgammon Blog: Graswurzel Backgammon

nixo

Well England might fit more my money as there cheap planes from France to England but whatever you decide I might come  :cool:

cassandra

hello krautlover, hello @ll!

not translated things are red

i will go everywhere if i am well up then and there is any possibility to come there ... (where are the old, wise, rich sugardaddies ;)

sure i would prefer some places and to some nice places i have connections - they are
- leverkusen near cologne (karl-liebknecht-schule mit einem atemberaubenden garten, grosser veranda, kueche zur selbstversorgung und gaestezimmern)
- braunschweig (deutsches haus, wahrscheinlich nicht soo sehr preisguenstig aber fragen kostet dort nix ;)
- in or near freiburg i will also find some good thing, e.g. i know a nice small hotel i could get a good deal
- or hotel rauchfang in meersburg/floorlake (rofl)

so cool, i am looking foreward

----

hallo krautlover, hallo @ll!

i werde ueberall hinkommen, vorausgesetzt, es geht mir gut, und es gibt irgendeine moeglichkeit fuer mich, hinzukommen... (wo sind die alten, weisen, reichen sugardaddies )

sicherlich wuerde ich einige orte bevorzugen, zu manchen habe ich sogar irgendwie kontakt - das sind:
- leverkusen nahe köln (karl-liebknecht-schule mit einem atemberaubenden garten, grosser veranda, kueche zur selbstversorgung und gaestezimmern)
- braunschweig (deutsches haus, wahrscheinlich nicht soo sehr preisguenstig aber fragen kostet dort nix ;)
- in oder um freiburg wuerde ich sicher auch was nettes finden, z.b. kenn ich ein kleines hotel, wo ich vielleicht einen guten preis erfrage kann)
- oder das hotel rauchfang in meersburg/bodensee

so cool, ich freu mich schon!

samirah

Hi Kraut and Hi Fibsters,

weeeeeeeeeee, Party time!!!!! :cool:

seems just like yesterday when we had the last fibs party!
anyway, personally, I would prefer Prag, I've been in Berlin few times and I really didn't like it that much! (sorry!! )

Please post the date ASAP , u know that August is summer holiday in Europe, the earlier u post the possible dates the better!

Looking forward to see u all again and I hope to see some new faces!  :thumbsup2:

would be great if we can rent a big house , just like last year! u should contact that guy hmmmmm, what's his name, andreasgraf?

oki doki , looking forward !

Love,
sam

spielberg

Late August is great for me and Prague/Brno are real plus points too. Brno I don't know - Praha's truly lovely and all the Czech republic is still considerably cheaper than Germany. What sort of accomodation are we looking for? An inexpensive hotel/hostel for a bulk booking or hiring some property? Hiring a large house or some neighbouring apartments will almost certainly be much better value for us given the likely numbers.

krautlover

Quote from: samirah on April 22, 2008, 01:12:46 PM
Hi Kraut and Hi Fibsters,

would be great if we can rent a big house , just like last year! u should contact that guy hmmmmm, what's his name, andreasgraf?

tomgraf, I think. Does anyone have his email address? Or are there other Czech FIBSters out there?

Paul_William

Some fibsters have children and could only attend a fibs party during the school holidays.  Would it be possible to hold the meeting then?

Just my tuppence-worth

krautlover

Re: children and school holidays

Sure, we can try to do that, but we would need to know when those school holidays are.

I assume most countries resume school in early September.

erdbeere

my holidays from luise ( ;)) are from the 19th of july to the 8th of August. after that i will probalby not be able to join the party. especially because it will be in prague and the flight-stuff would cost too much time. germany would be MUCH better for me.

would be great to join the party again this year, was always such a big fun.
if not, have all lots of fun!   :thumbsup2:

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

meine persönliche Erfahrung beim (Mit-)Organisieren diverser FIBS Parties der letzten Jahre: Man braucht jemanden vor Ort, der Dinge dort klärt. Insbesondere ist es schwierig, einen Ort für das Spielen der Matches zu finden. Nicht jeder Café-Betreiber mag zig lärmende Backgammon-Spieler, die nur wenig verzehren. Der Ort sollte also dort liegen, wo jemand die Organisation vor Ort übernehmen kann. Zudem würde ich Deutschland bevorzugen.

Als Zeitpunkt schlage ich Mitte/Ende Juli vor.

Hardy  B)

Hi all,

from my experince in (co-)organization of many FIBS parties I can not overstress the need of someone to organzie the venue. And he should be living somewhere near the location. You wont find many places where you can play backgammon. Backgammon players produce noise, use a lot of space and don't eat/drink that much. Therfore the location should be chosen depending on someone beeing able to organize things at the location.

I personally would prefer Germany. Berlin sounds great to me.

I would prefer the timeframe mid to end of July.

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

diane

I wanna come this year!!  :thumbsup2:

My thoughts - school holidays are expensive for travelling - so maybe that isn't the best time...

If you are in England anyway Kraut - what about here?

Or Scotland - it is a very beautiful place and well worth a visit - I am sure there would be something like the house used last year up there - do you know of anything Paul?

I would LOVE  to go to the czech republic - I haven't been before.  Berlin is nice - but I have been, and would prefer it to be somewhere new.

Any which way - I am sure it will be fun again  ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

erdbeere

hey diane, would be great to meet you again!

but ... there are people WITH children, they just have time in holidays, and there are people without children, they have probalby time whenever they want ... so why not meet for the fibsparty when ALL of these people have time?
also maybe hardy, who organized already a few fibs-meetings including the tourney, is quite right. it should be a place where someone is around and is able to organize things round the location. is that possible in prague? i lived there for 4 months and know a few good pubs, but even i am not able to organize it from the distance.
so my vote is still BERLIN in july.

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

krautlover

Don't people with children have holiday until the end of August?

I have to be in England around September 15th.

If the FIBS party is in July I probably can't come. I don't think I can fly twice or have a 6-week vacation.

If the FIBS party is in mid to late August I can just fly once to Europe and have maybe a 3- or 4-week vacation.

Paul_William

Hi all  :)

Diane is right, Scotland is a very beautiful place, but in July/August/September it is full (certainly around Edinburgh) and very expensive.  Not the easiest place to get to for many people and the weather is - how shall I put it - unreliable :).  I know of a place which would be suitable to host the tourney but the costs/inconvenience involved in hosting it here could rule it out for some people. I am happy to arrange it, though, if that is what is wanted.

For those fibsters with school-age children, I would think ease of getting there is not such a big issue in the school holidays, but it would be a show-stopper in term time.  Most attendees at previous fibsmeets seem to be German so maybe hold it somewhere handy for them? (or maybe most have been German because previous meets have been convenient for Germany?)  Somewhere round the London airports would be easy for most people also, or near Paris or Amsterdam?

Maybe a vote should be organised for those who are very keen to attend a meeting so a date/location can be arranged to suit the majority.  (No, not a secret vote, knowing some people's delight in trying to screw things up)  Those who are really wanting to come could make themselves known and decide as a group?

I would love to attend another fibsmeet, having missed last year's, and will probably be able to fit in with whatever is decided, but time is marching on and a decision will have to be made soon. 

Kind wishes to all

webrunner

I will try to come, if only for 1 day.

I have experience with stuff like this and i propose the following way of doing this:
We pick a few (not more then 4) dates that are "nominated" by people who want to attend and make a poll. Whatever date gets the most votes will be the date of the meeting.

Berlin sounds good to me, Amsterdam even better (i could assist in some arrangement stuff etc.)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

cassandra

amsterdam  :cool:

would there be a sleeping place for me?

Noah

Hello Fibbers,

i am over-thinking the possibility of holding a party in my hometown Doetinchem, Holland.
High summer and vacation period juli - august we can rent the Cultural Center for 2 days.
This building is suited with a Foyer were we can consume our own foods , drinks and is ideal for a tourney.
Next to this room there is the possibility of using the small theater- movie area.
There we for example can play chouette Fullscreen. Lady's left, Gentleman right or country vs. country
An invitation match between 2 topclass players is a second thought.

Doetinchem, is located in the mid east of Holland and easy to reach by car for our German friends. Those wo fly, get 2,5 hours extra travel time with options to visit traditional city's as Amsterdam, Utrecht, Arnhem.

With a Landal Holiday Parc, Hotels and camping in the neighborhood i can help find any sleeping place.

Let me hear what you think of this Place.

Ciao

Noah
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

spielberg

Excellent idea Noah --- Holland's very easy to get to for us Brits too (and has fine "coffee" shops tho' your medi-weed is crap!)

webrunner

:cool:

I kinda like the idea of a big house tho..
And personally i think that people from abroad would prefer being in the neighbourhood of some big city like Amsterdam or Utrecht.

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |