News:

happy holidays! take your board to the beach!

Main Menu

Euro FIBS Party 2008!

Started by krautlover, April 22, 2008, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krautlover

Martin - krautlover - kemokid at Y! (soon Microsoft) dot com

FIBS Party 2008 - Wo und Wann?

Hello all! (Und h@llo c@ss!)

Letztes Jahr habe ich das Euro-FIBS-Party-Tournier gewonnen. Deswegen kann ich dieses Jahr den Standort wählen - vielleicht. Erstmal muss ich wissen, dass andere Leute kommen können!

Erinnert euch, sie ist die *Euro*-FIBS Party! Gut für euch - sie wird nicht in Amerika sein. Aber ich habe gern in Tschechien gehen - Brno oder Prag - oder vielleicht irgendwo in der Nähe von die Deutsche Grenze, wenn das besser für viele Leute ist. Gibt es jemand, der in Tschechien wohnt und die Party planen hilfen kann? Wenn das nicht möglich ist, können wir uns statt dessen in Berlin treffen.

In mitten September wird mein Bruder sich in England verheiratet. Es würde mehr effizient wenn ich nur eine Reise machen müsste. So ist es am besten für mich wenn wir in späten August spielen. Nächstes besten ist mitten August, aber dann könnt ihr meine Verlobte nicht sehen!

Gibt mir eure Denken!

Chuss,
Martin (krautlover)

-------

FIBS Party 2008 - Where and When?

Hello all!

Last year I won the Euro FIBS Party tournament. Therefore I get to choose the location this year - perhaps. First I must know whether other people can come!

Remember - it is the *Euro* FIBS Party. Lucky for you, it won't be in America. But I would like to go to the Czech Republic - Brno or Prague - or maybe somewhere near the German border, if that's better for many people. Is there someone who lives in the Czech Republic and can help plan the party? If that is not possible, we could meet in Berlin instead.

In mid-September, my brother is getting married in England. It would be more efficient if I could make only one trip. So it would be best for me if we played in late August. Next best is middle August, but then you won't get to see my fiancée!

Give me your thoughts!

Martin (krautlover)

wintom

Berlin sounds good, Prag sounds even better. Count me in!

Thomas
The Backgammon Blog: Graswurzel Backgammon

nixo

Well England might fit more my money as there cheap planes from France to England but whatever you decide I might come  :cool:

cassandra

hello krautlover, hello @ll!

not translated things are red

i will go everywhere if i am well up then and there is any possibility to come there ... (where are the old, wise, rich sugardaddies ;)

sure i would prefer some places and to some nice places i have connections - they are
- leverkusen near cologne (karl-liebknecht-schule mit einem atemberaubenden garten, grosser veranda, kueche zur selbstversorgung und gaestezimmern)
- braunschweig (deutsches haus, wahrscheinlich nicht soo sehr preisguenstig aber fragen kostet dort nix ;)
- in or near freiburg i will also find some good thing, e.g. i know a nice small hotel i could get a good deal
- or hotel rauchfang in meersburg/floorlake (rofl)

so cool, i am looking foreward

----

hallo krautlover, hallo @ll!

i werde ueberall hinkommen, vorausgesetzt, es geht mir gut, und es gibt irgendeine moeglichkeit fuer mich, hinzukommen... (wo sind die alten, weisen, reichen sugardaddies )

sicherlich wuerde ich einige orte bevorzugen, zu manchen habe ich sogar irgendwie kontakt - das sind:
- leverkusen nahe köln (karl-liebknecht-schule mit einem atemberaubenden garten, grosser veranda, kueche zur selbstversorgung und gaestezimmern)
- braunschweig (deutsches haus, wahrscheinlich nicht soo sehr preisguenstig aber fragen kostet dort nix ;)
- in oder um freiburg wuerde ich sicher auch was nettes finden, z.b. kenn ich ein kleines hotel, wo ich vielleicht einen guten preis erfrage kann)
- oder das hotel rauchfang in meersburg/bodensee

so cool, ich freu mich schon!

samirah

Hi Kraut and Hi Fibsters,

weeeeeeeeeee, Party time!!!!! :cool:

seems just like yesterday when we had the last fibs party!
anyway, personally, I would prefer Prag, I've been in Berlin few times and I really didn't like it that much! (sorry!! )

Please post the date ASAP , u know that August is summer holiday in Europe, the earlier u post the possible dates the better!

Looking forward to see u all again and I hope to see some new faces!  :thumbsup2:

would be great if we can rent a big house , just like last year! u should contact that guy hmmmmm, what's his name, andreasgraf?

oki doki , looking forward !

Love,
sam

spielberg

Late August is great for me and Prague/Brno are real plus points too. Brno I don't know - Praha's truly lovely and all the Czech republic is still considerably cheaper than Germany. What sort of accomodation are we looking for? An inexpensive hotel/hostel for a bulk booking or hiring some property? Hiring a large house or some neighbouring apartments will almost certainly be much better value for us given the likely numbers.

krautlover

Quote from: samirah on April 22, 2008, 01:12:46 PM
Hi Kraut and Hi Fibsters,

would be great if we can rent a big house , just like last year! u should contact that guy hmmmmm, what's his name, andreasgraf?

tomgraf, I think. Does anyone have his email address? Or are there other Czech FIBSters out there?

Paul_William

Some fibsters have children and could only attend a fibs party during the school holidays.  Would it be possible to hold the meeting then?

Just my tuppence-worth

krautlover

Re: children and school holidays

Sure, we can try to do that, but we would need to know when those school holidays are.

I assume most countries resume school in early September.

erdbeere

my holidays from luise ( ;)) are from the 19th of july to the 8th of August. after that i will probalby not be able to join the party. especially because it will be in prague and the flight-stuff would cost too much time. germany would be MUCH better for me.

would be great to join the party again this year, was always such a big fun.
if not, have all lots of fun!   :thumbsup2:

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Hardy_whv

Hallo allerseits,

meine persönliche Erfahrung beim (Mit-)Organisieren diverser FIBS Parties der letzten Jahre: Man braucht jemanden vor Ort, der Dinge dort klärt. Insbesondere ist es schwierig, einen Ort für das Spielen der Matches zu finden. Nicht jeder Café-Betreiber mag zig lärmende Backgammon-Spieler, die nur wenig verzehren. Der Ort sollte also dort liegen, wo jemand die Organisation vor Ort übernehmen kann. Zudem würde ich Deutschland bevorzugen.

Als Zeitpunkt schlage ich Mitte/Ende Juli vor.

Hardy  B)

Hi all,

from my experince in (co-)organization of many FIBS parties I can not overstress the need of someone to organzie the venue. And he should be living somewhere near the location. You wont find many places where you can play backgammon. Backgammon players produce noise, use a lot of space and don't eat/drink that much. Therfore the location should be chosen depending on someone beeing able to organize things at the location.

I personally would prefer Germany. Berlin sounds great to me.

I would prefer the timeframe mid to end of July.

Hardy  B)
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

diane

I wanna come this year!!  :thumbsup2:

My thoughts - school holidays are expensive for travelling - so maybe that isn't the best time...

If you are in England anyway Kraut - what about here?

Or Scotland - it is a very beautiful place and well worth a visit - I am sure there would be something like the house used last year up there - do you know of anything Paul?

I would LOVE  to go to the czech republic - I haven't been before.  Berlin is nice - but I have been, and would prefer it to be somewhere new.

Any which way - I am sure it will be fun again  ;)

Never give up on the things that make you smile

erdbeere

hey diane, would be great to meet you again!

but ... there are people WITH children, they just have time in holidays, and there are people without children, they have probalby time whenever they want ... so why not meet for the fibsparty when ALL of these people have time?
also maybe hardy, who organized already a few fibs-meetings including the tourney, is quite right. it should be a place where someone is around and is able to organize things round the location. is that possible in prague? i lived there for 4 months and know a few good pubs, but even i am not able to organize it from the distance.
so my vote is still BERLIN in july.

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

krautlover

Don't people with children have holiday until the end of August?

I have to be in England around September 15th.

If the FIBS party is in July I probably can't come. I don't think I can fly twice or have a 6-week vacation.

If the FIBS party is in mid to late August I can just fly once to Europe and have maybe a 3- or 4-week vacation.

Paul_William

Hi all  :)

Diane is right, Scotland is a very beautiful place, but in July/August/September it is full (certainly around Edinburgh) and very expensive.  Not the easiest place to get to for many people and the weather is - how shall I put it - unreliable :).  I know of a place which would be suitable to host the tourney but the costs/inconvenience involved in hosting it here could rule it out for some people. I am happy to arrange it, though, if that is what is wanted.

For those fibsters with school-age children, I would think ease of getting there is not such a big issue in the school holidays, but it would be a show-stopper in term time.  Most attendees at previous fibsmeets seem to be German so maybe hold it somewhere handy for them? (or maybe most have been German because previous meets have been convenient for Germany?)  Somewhere round the London airports would be easy for most people also, or near Paris or Amsterdam?

Maybe a vote should be organised for those who are very keen to attend a meeting so a date/location can be arranged to suit the majority.  (No, not a secret vote, knowing some people's delight in trying to screw things up)  Those who are really wanting to come could make themselves known and decide as a group?

I would love to attend another fibsmeet, having missed last year's, and will probably be able to fit in with whatever is decided, but time is marching on and a decision will have to be made soon. 

Kind wishes to all

webrunner

I will try to come, if only for 1 day.

I have experience with stuff like this and i propose the following way of doing this:
We pick a few (not more then 4) dates that are "nominated" by people who want to attend and make a poll. Whatever date gets the most votes will be the date of the meeting.

Berlin sounds good to me, Amsterdam even better (i could assist in some arrangement stuff etc.)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

cassandra

amsterdam  :cool:

would there be a sleeping place for me?

Noah

Hello Fibbers,

i am over-thinking the possibility of holding a party in my hometown Doetinchem, Holland.
High summer and vacation period juli - august we can rent the Cultural Center for 2 days.
This building is suited with a Foyer were we can consume our own foods , drinks and is ideal for a tourney.
Next to this room there is the possibility of using the small theater- movie area.
There we for example can play chouette Fullscreen. Lady's left, Gentleman right or country vs. country
An invitation match between 2 topclass players is a second thought.

Doetinchem, is located in the mid east of Holland and easy to reach by car for our German friends. Those wo fly, get 2,5 hours extra travel time with options to visit traditional city's as Amsterdam, Utrecht, Arnhem.

With a Landal Holiday Parc, Hotels and camping in the neighborhood i can help find any sleeping place.

Let me hear what you think of this Place.

Ciao

Noah
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

spielberg

Excellent idea Noah --- Holland's very easy to get to for us Brits too (and has fine "coffee" shops tho' your medi-weed is crap!)

webrunner

:cool:

I kinda like the idea of a big house tho..
And personally i think that people from abroad would prefer being in the neighbourhood of some big city like Amsterdam or Utrecht.

Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

erdbeere

sounds great, noah.
and holland is easy to reach for me by car. So i also could come, when luise has no holidays.

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

diane

I have been to Amsterdam 3 times, and Utrecht twice.  I would really prefer it if this were held somewhere else.  I would be interested in the place Noah mentions, as it is at least a different location.

I know whichever country it is held in will tend to get a good turn out from that country, and less from others, so the country with the most participants is often a good way to pick a place  ;)

If it is in the school holidays, there is a very high likelyhood I wont travel, as it is disproportionately expensive. (of course I will check that at the time).  I can often get two or three term time holidays for the price of one school holiday break.

How many fibsters have children and will be affected by the need to travel term time? I know erdbeere is one - any others?

I know that Adrian is also dying for us all to go to Romania and see him  ;) Can we add that into the pot?

Paul_William

Here's one to throw into the pot.

I know of some apartments for rent in the centre of Edinburgh which sleep 4 -6 people.  Enough are vacant to cope with 20 people every weekend in August, except the 22/23 and every weekend in September.  The cost is around 300 pounds per apartment per night in August and less than half that in September.  I could also arrange a venue for the tourney, which serves drink (no food unfortunately).

Edinburgh is easy to get to for UK fibsters and for some from Germany, I don't know about other places.

The Edinburgh International Festival is on in August so I don't imagine that the apartments will remain vacant for long, so if we wanted to go for this option we would have to decide soon.

Why not come for a few extra days and take in some of the festival too?

The downside is that there is no smoking indoors in Scotland  :)

Any thoughts?

diane

That sounds good - particularly in September - and I have ALWAYS wanted to go to the festival - it would be great to catch some of that!  I will wait and see if there is any other interest though  :cool:

cassandra

Quote from: Noah on May 02, 2008, 01:56:28 PM
This building is suited with a Foyer were we can consume our own foods , drinks and is ideal for a tourney.
There we for example can play chouette Fullscreen.
camping in the neighborhood i can help

sounds for a bg-meeting more interesting to me than stones or festivals, even if i like them much too

krautlover

I never got an answer to this question:

When are school holidays?

Wann sind die Schulsommerferientage?

erdbeere

the holidays are in germany in each of our 16 parts different. in my part f.e. they are from the 26th of june to the 7th of august.

www.backgammon-koeln.de

erdbeere

i think we should decide about the place and the date soon, to get a good and not too expencive accomodation and to start to organize the place where we can play. how about a poll now about the location (holland, scotland, prague, berlin) and maybe 2 offers of dates? and it would be good to know who REALLY will join the party, so we know for how many people we need to organize hotelrooms or how big the hous should be.
www.backgammon-koeln.de

cassandra

1. some
- made suggestions
- thought about what is needed for a fibs-meeting
- offered to help in organisazion of the meeting

2. some
- have kids
-- can only in hollidays
-- can only not in hollidays
- have no money, can not afford a big journey or a hotelroom - even staying in a restaurant for 1 day
- dont like shopping
- dont need sightseeing
- like to cook together
- like to play

3. some
- are too ill, handicaped, dont find a babysitter, and so on...

seemes really hard to organize such a meeting.
good, its not my problem ;)

on the other side, it would be good to know, who is interested in this meeting ...
and in the central point: the tourney

what about the possibility to play the tourney and not staying there?
- this would be possible in 2 suggestions i saw here: doetinchem and leverkusen - using fibs and a beamer

maybe leverkusen is better reachable:
koeln-bonn-airport is near and there is a train from mailand via zuerich, basel, karlsruhe, mannheim, frankfurt to koeln
and another from muenchen via mannheim, koeln to amsterdam and back
maybe there is also a train from berlin to koeln ;)
there are also good possibilities in sharing cars, if 2-3 cars start in basel, krotzingen, freiburg they can catch all fibsters on the way who are living in the south or south-west via karlsruhe, mannheim, frankfurt or karlsruhe, mannheim, koblenz
and: in this region there are fibsters living, who are used to organize tourneys i think :)
extraplus for leverkusen: there are bedrooms (2-4 beds) some (womenrooms) have their own bathroom, and some have it together on the floor. i will ask for the prizes and pictures if you really like.
but there are also hotels in koeln/leverkusen...

erdbeere

hey cass,

leverkusen sounds good too (and its near cologne, great for me   :yes:)

now we have a few good suggestions, time, krautlover (?), to start the poll? so we can go in medias res!

the impatient erdbeere  ;)
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Paul_William

I agree with erdbeere.

Start the poll please, krautlover

Noah

And i also have nothing against Leverkussen as long as this meeting isn't hold at Saturday, 19. Juli 2008.

Will visit the Loveparade in Dortmund then,

http://www.loveparade.com/

Are other fibster going to party there?

Deurdonderen

cassandra

so then, krautlover, here is the url:

karl-liebknecht-schule
http://www.dkp-online.de/kls/

i think, krautlover should decide where he likes do have the fibs-meeting. he won the last time - this are the rules.

erdbeere

hey cass,

i still think we should start a poll, so everybody has the possibility to take part at the decision. and we also should not forget hardys remark in his post: there should be someone at the place where we will meet who can organize things that are necessary (pub, hotel/house etc.).

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Ramses

i am just wondering if it will be a international fibs-meeting or another german international fibs-cup?
by the way: i don't like leverkusen much. there is nothing. if people want to visit a pub or something else they have to go to cologne anyway. and i don't like the idea to have the tourney in a house which belongs to a political party.
after several meetings in the west or southwest, i think we should have one more to the east (berlin, coast of the baltic sea, ruegen or even czech republic) or south (bavaria, austria).
and any place in the netherlands would fit me more than leverkusen.  :)
sorry cass!

Hardy_whv

Quote from: Ramses on May 09, 2008, 11:17:07 AM
i am just wondering if it will be a international fibs-meeting or another german international fibs-cup?

Actually this is a good question. The cup was originally ment as the 1st prize for the FIBS Party 2004 in Berlin. I crafted the cup for that party. Unfortunally I won that tournament myself, so I converted it into a challenge cup for future German FIBS parties. (see this thread for the details of the challenge cup: http://www.fibsboard.com/gathering-of-fibsters/fibs-party-in-berlin-2152352004-t134.0.html;msg2736#msg2736)

So my understanding of the challenge cup is, that it's ment for German FIBS parties (even if we had the party in Switzerland once). However, we need someone to organize it. I am quite busy this summer, as I am changing my job. I could help, but I can't do the whole job.

Only those places come into question, where we have someone to do the on-site organisation. I don't think it can be done remotely.

Hardy  B)

samirah

Hi All,

It seems like too many wants to make decisions for this party and nobody dares to decide at all! I remember that last 2 parties, it was only me, Hardy and Michael took the decisions and as far as I remember it was great party, especially the last one! (any complains?) ;)

My opinion is, the more options we give the complicated it gets, somebody should make decision and should do it quick! I think since Kraut won the tournament he should have the previlege to take that decision or?

This party becomes very international, I think it doesn't matter much anymore where it will be, as long as it stays in Europe. ( I hope not in Berlin though )

Looking forward to play LIVE bg with fibsters again  :)

Love,
sam

spielberg

I agree with the svelte one (sami that is) --- so krautlover either you pick the date and location or you run the poll for the date and/or location. Let's get this decided ASAP (as soon as possible that is for non acronym speakers) -- the earlier it's scheduled the more will come surely?

krautlover

If it's in late August I can go. If it's not I can't.

So, I would like it to be in late August. The location is less important to me. If someone can help organize a late August meeting near where they live, I would like to do that.

If there are no volunteers for that time, we can do it a different time. Sound good?

So - kann jemand eine Party planen helfen, die in späten August stattfinden wird?

Danke,
Martin

webrunner

Quote from: Ramses on May 09, 2008, 11:17:07 AM
by the way: i don't like leverkusen much. there is nothing. if people want to visit a pub or something else they have to go to cologne anyway. and i don't like the idea to have the tourney in a house which belongs to a political party.
after several meetings in the west or southwest, i think we should have one more to the east (berlin, coast of the baltic sea, ruegen or even czech republic) or south (bavaria, austria).
and any place in the netherlands would fit me more than leverkusen.  :)
sorry cass!

I agree with this all the way :)
(not that that is important  ;) )
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

erdbeere

... the organization of the fibs-party 2008 sounds a bit like the title of a song of Nena: "Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ... ;)

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

webrunner

someone has to take the lead and make nsome decisions. Normally i would be up for that job but with starting a new job on monday and a little baby in the house i don't have the time to do it :(
Bruce Lee
Orion Pax |

samirah

Michael and I just checked houses in Prague, I'm trying to get in touch with Hardy too. If nobody is willing to to start the ball rolling we might do it again, but only if Michael and Hardy will help. If not, maybe sixta and erdbeere can go on with their plan to do it in Karlsruhe.

I really don't mind where the party will be as long as it's not in Berlin

sam

Sixta_II

Hallo Sami,

sorry aber wir sind nicht mehr am planen, vor allem geht es auch leider nicht zum gewuenschten Zeitpunkt von Krautlover

Bin mir sicher das ihr eine schoene Location findet und wuensche allen viel Spass und Unterhaltung:)

Sixta :thumbsup2:

socksey

Quote"Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ... 

Quotesorry aber wir sind nicht mehr am planen, vor allem geht es auch leider nicht zum gewuenschten Zeitpunkt von Krautlover

Bin mir sicher das ihr eine schoene Location findet und wuensche allen viel Spass und Unterhaltung:)

You knew I would do this, didn't you?  Translation, please, for me?   :)

socksey

"I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on." - Beryl Pfizer

erdbeere

Translation for socksey-lady:

"Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ...   
"somehow, somewhere, sometime" ...

sorry aber wir sind nicht mehr am planen, vor allem geht es auch leider nicht zum gewuenschten Zeitpunkt von Krautlover
sorry, but we stopped planing. one reason is that unfortunately the date krautlover fits doesnt fit for us.

i am sure you will find a nice location and i wish you all much fun :)

www.backgammon-koeln.de

socksey

Thank you, sweetie!   :yes:

socksey

"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." - Peter York

spielberg

Quote from: erdbeere on May 18, 2008, 07:10:04 AM
...  a song of Nena: "Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ... ;)

erdbeere

aaah Nena -- she sang more than just "neunundneunzig Luftballons" then?

erdbeere

yes, steve, obviously she also sang a second song, about our fibsparty  ;)

sami, did you check already who would join the party in prague?
my oppinion is still to make a poll about the location, then start organizing.
www.backgammon-koeln.de

samirah

Hi Manu,

to be honest no! I'm just getting impatient that this party is not moving on at all., that's why I checked around myself. I would be really glad if somebody can organize it . Looks like guys aren't capable of organizing this, or am I wrong?  ;) I just choose Prague coz I've never been in that area of Europe, but as I've said, I don't mind where the party will be, simply not in Berlin. I can come in this time frame July 21-August 5 if this will be helpful.

hope to see some dates and some places,   :smile:

sam

erdbeere

just that something happens at last i will set 2 polls now. one for the location, one for the date. i chosed the locations where someone could organize it (Leverkusen: cass, you would organize it? otherwise we take it out of the poll i would suggest). if i forgot a location, please tell me.

http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibsparty-2008-t1938.0.html
http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibsparty-2008-t1939.0.html

the fibsters who vote for a date and a location should also be (almost) sure that they will join the fibsparty, so we have an idea about the number of people in case we will look for a house.

this is just a try. if someone has a better idea please feel free to post it  :)

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

michaelsw

Hi Folks,
as sami already mentioned we've been looking for a location in prague. Unfortunately we didn't find anything suitable up to now, at least none that's payable. Anyway: IN CASE we want to rent something similar like last year, then it's pretty difficult to make a poll. I'm imagining we launch an online poll for some days,  and after we finished we notice the location was booked by someone else in the meantime. So we first should decide if we want to rent a location like that, or if we otherwise just look for a place to play and everyone takes care about his own accomodation himself.
If we want to rent a house, someone has to take over the responsibility and find a suitable place. That's not without risk, because u will have to sign a contract and if there are not enough attendants it will get pretty expensive. Just want to mention that the house we rented last year would get much cheaper this year, as we now can rent the house directly from the owner, with no agency involved. Guess we save at least 30 percent of the rent. Geographically that location is not so bad, coz it's pretty close to cologne and centrally located in germany/europe. But i admit, staying at the same place two times might be a bit boring.
If we just want to find a place to play, i agree that we need someone from the area we want to go to. I would like the Netherlands, but i'm open for anything else as well.
Greetings M.

Noah

July / August is also high season here in Holland so erdbeere has right that decisions have to be made.

Just voted 3 august as my preferred date in my hometown Doetinchem, Holland. The Cultural Center is booked later in august.

Those who are in for an Accommodation that will also be good for a tourney i can recommend:

http://www.landalgreenparks.com/

Right above select park: The Netherlands

Geldeland/Veluwe   Stroombroek

4 - 6 person bungalows do 470 - 635 euro for a 3 night weekend that period.

The recreation-center is suited with terraces that you don't see on the page but i can tell they are big enough for a tourney with BBQ too.
If it rains then playing inside is a good second option. I think you can be served there till 01:00 o' clock.

This lake "Braamtse Gat" has a lot of recreation options with an accent on activity.
* For example on the other site is the Cable Ski Center were i make my big jumps in free time.
http://www.kabelwaterskibaan.nl

ciao Noah

Deurdonderen

cassandra

Quote from: erdbeere on May 20, 2008, 03:17:31 PM
(Leverkusen: cass, you would organize it? otherwise we take it out of the poll i would suggest).
no i can not and i did not know, that making a suggestion for a location means beeing willing and organize all
:nono: :nono:
i may help to get the contact and ask for prizes if i have a date.
i can help, if i am healthy enough with all technics - net, beamer etc. but i dont take any responsibility if something breaks!
but i can and will not organize more.
also i am not able to take charge for the rent... so please, erdbeere, delete this point off the poll if this means i have to organize the tourney. ty

cassandra

about the technics

if we like to have lan/wlan maybe we will have to organize routers, hubs, cables, beamer - depends - and i would prefer an own server ;) -> inim? noah?
maybe i could bring some hardware and cables, but if i come with train i will not do ;)

so what do you think?

erdbeere

missunderstanding, cass. it didnt mean you HAVE to organize it. it was just a question to you  :)
ok, please imagine all, that leverkusen is out of the race (except someone is willing to organize the party there) ...

cass, why should we need all this technical stuff? the last partys worked very well without it.  :yes:

erdbeere <--- technical ignorant person
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Noah

Quote from: cassandra on May 21, 2008, 10:52:48 AM
if we like to have lan/wlan maybe we will have to organize routers, hubs, cables, beamer - depends - and i would prefer an own server ;) -> inim? noah?
so what do you think?

We dont need a LAN/WLAN to project a match. As Bgblitz runs on all platforms the only thing we need is a desktop or laptop with the right connection cable to the beamer.

Deurdonderen

cassandra

okok

my english sucked again, sorry

thought we were speaking of transport the endgames to fibs  B)

krautlover

Well, right now August 29-31st has 7 out of 11 votes. If it is then, I can make it. If not, I can't. The location does not matter to me.

If we agree that we will have it then, I will do what I can to help organize it from here.

krautlover

hardy_whv sent this email to some of us, reposting here:

Okay everyone,

samirah pushed me to do it. We (michaelsw, samirah and me) booked the same house as in 2007 in Ulmen/Eifel for the weekend 22-24 Aug. During the last weekend in August and the 1st weekend in September the house was not available.

So I hope that this suits most of you! Martin, I hope, that the weekend is within your preferred timeframe "late August"!

As we booked from the house owner directly this time, the price for the house is also significantly cheaper than last year.

Cheers,

Hardy ;-)

--

PS I, Martin do not yet know if I will come, but it is a lot better for me than June! Whether or not I go, I hope that it is a great FIBS party!

Hardy_whv

After we transitted from the discussion phase into the planning phase, I started a new thread here:

http://www.fibsboard.com/gathering-of-fibsters/euro-fibs-party-2008-finally-scheduled-t1965.0.html

So all news about the party will given there. Looking forward to seeing you at the party.

Hardy  B)

Nachdem die Phase der Orientierung vorbei und die Phase der Planung begonnen hat, habe ich mir erlaubt, hierfür einen neuen Beitrag aufzumachen:

http://www.fibsboard.com/gathering-of-fibsters/euro-fibs-party-2008-finally-scheduled-t1965.0.html

Weitere Neuigkeiten und Stand der Planung werden ab sofort dort gegeben.

Freue mich schon, euch alle auf der Party zu sehen!

Hardy   ;)