News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Euro FIBS Party 2008!

Started by krautlover, April 22, 2008, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webrunner

Quote from: Ramses on May 09, 2008, 11:17:07 AM
i am just wondering if it will be a international fibs-meeting or another german international fibs-cup?
by the way: i don't like leverkusen much. there is nothing. if people want to visit a pub or something else they have to go to cologne anyway. and i don't like the idea to have the tourney in a house which belongs to a political party.
after several meetings in the west or southwest, i think we should have one more to the east (berlin, coast of the baltic sea, ruegen or even czech republic) or south (bavaria, austria).
and any place in the netherlands would fit me more than leverkusen.  :)
sorry cass!

I agree with this all the way :)
(not that that is important  ;) )
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

erdbeere

... the organization of the fibs-party 2008 sounds a bit like the title of a song of Nena: "Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ... ;)

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

webrunner

someone has to take the lead and make nsome decisions. Normally i would be up for that job but with starting a new job on monday and a little baby in the house i don't have the time to do it :(
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

samirah

Michael and I just checked houses in Prague, I'm trying to get in touch with Hardy too. If nobody is willing to to start the ball rolling we might do it again, but only if Michael and Hardy will help. If not, maybe sixta and erdbeere can go on with their plan to do it in Karlsruhe.

I really don't mind where the party will be as long as it's not in Berlin

sam

Sixta_II

Hallo Sami,

sorry aber wir sind nicht mehr am planen, vor allem geht es auch leider nicht zum gewuenschten Zeitpunkt von Krautlover

Bin mir sicher das ihr eine schoene Location findet und wuensche allen viel Spass und Unterhaltung:)

Sixta :thumbsup2:

socksey

Quote"Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ... 

Quotesorry aber wir sind nicht mehr am planen, vor allem geht es auch leider nicht zum gewuenschten Zeitpunkt von Krautlover

Bin mir sicher das ihr eine schoene Location findet und wuensche allen viel Spass und Unterhaltung:)

You knew I would do this, didn't you?  Translation, please, for me?   :)

socksey

"I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on." - Beryl Pfizer

erdbeere

Translation for socksey-lady:

"Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ...   
"somehow, somewhere, sometime" ...

sorry aber wir sind nicht mehr am planen, vor allem geht es auch leider nicht zum gewuenschten Zeitpunkt von Krautlover
sorry, but we stopped planing. one reason is that unfortunately the date krautlover fits doesnt fit for us.

i am sure you will find a nice location and i wish you all much fun :)

www.backgammon-koeln.de

socksey

Thank you, sweetie!   :yes:

socksey

"Rock and roll is the hamburger that ate the world." - Peter York

spielberg

Quote from: erdbeere on May 18, 2008, 07:10:04 AM
...  a song of Nena: "Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann" ... ;)

erdbeere

aaah Nena -- she sang more than just "neunundneunzig Luftballons" then?

erdbeere

yes, steve, obviously she also sang a second song, about our fibsparty  ;)

sami, did you check already who would join the party in prague?
my oppinion is still to make a poll about the location, then start organizing.
www.backgammon-koeln.de

samirah

Hi Manu,

to be honest no! I'm just getting impatient that this party is not moving on at all., that's why I checked around myself. I would be really glad if somebody can organize it . Looks like guys aren't capable of organizing this, or am I wrong?  ;) I just choose Prague coz I've never been in that area of Europe, but as I've said, I don't mind where the party will be, simply not in Berlin. I can come in this time frame July 21-August 5 if this will be helpful.

hope to see some dates and some places,   :smile:

sam

erdbeere

just that something happens at last i will set 2 polls now. one for the location, one for the date. i chosed the locations where someone could organize it (Leverkusen: cass, you would organize it? otherwise we take it out of the poll i would suggest). if i forgot a location, please tell me.

http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibsparty-2008-t1938.0.html
http://www.fibsboard.com/general-chit-chat/fibsparty-2008-t1939.0.html

the fibsters who vote for a date and a location should also be (almost) sure that they will join the fibsparty, so we have an idea about the number of people in case we will look for a house.

this is just a try. if someone has a better idea please feel free to post it  :)

erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

michaelsw

Hi Folks,
as sami already mentioned we've been looking for a location in prague. Unfortunately we didn't find anything suitable up to now, at least none that's payable. Anyway: IN CASE we want to rent something similar like last year, then it's pretty difficult to make a poll. I'm imagining we launch an online poll for some days,  and after we finished we notice the location was booked by someone else in the meantime. So we first should decide if we want to rent a location like that, or if we otherwise just look for a place to play and everyone takes care about his own accomodation himself.
If we want to rent a house, someone has to take over the responsibility and find a suitable place. That's not without risk, because u will have to sign a contract and if there are not enough attendants it will get pretty expensive. Just want to mention that the house we rented last year would get much cheaper this year, as we now can rent the house directly from the owner, with no agency involved. Guess we save at least 30 percent of the rent. Geographically that location is not so bad, coz it's pretty close to cologne and centrally located in germany/europe. But i admit, staying at the same place two times might be a bit boring.
If we just want to find a place to play, i agree that we need someone from the area we want to go to. I would like the Netherlands, but i'm open for anything else as well.
Greetings M.

Noah

July / August is also high season here in Holland so erdbeere has right that decisions have to be made.

Just voted 3 august as my preferred date in my hometown Doetinchem, Holland. The Cultural Center is booked later in august.

Those who are in for an Accommodation that will also be good for a tourney i can recommend:

http://www.landalgreenparks.com/

Right above select park: The Netherlands

Geldeland/Veluwe   Stroombroek

4 - 6 person bungalows do 470 - 635 euro for a 3 night weekend that period.

The recreation-center is suited with terraces that you don't see on the page but i can tell they are big enough for a tourney with BBQ too.
If it rains then playing inside is a good second option. I think you can be served there till 01:00 o' clock.

This lake "Braamtse Gat" has a lot of recreation options with an accent on activity.
* For example on the other site is the Cable Ski Center were i make my big jumps in free time.
http://www.kabelwaterskibaan.nl

ciao Noah
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

cassandra

Quote from: erdbeere on May 20, 2008, 03:17:31 PM
(Leverkusen: cass, you would organize it? otherwise we take it out of the poll i would suggest).
no i can not and i did not know, that making a suggestion for a location means beeing willing and organize all
:nono: :nono:
i may help to get the contact and ask for prizes if i have a date.
i can help, if i am healthy enough with all technics - net, beamer etc. but i dont take any responsibility if something breaks!
but i can and will not organize more.
also i am not able to take charge for the rent... so please, erdbeere, delete this point off the poll if this means i have to organize the tourney. ty

cassandra

about the technics

if we like to have lan/wlan maybe we will have to organize routers, hubs, cables, beamer - depends - and i would prefer an own server ;) -> inim? noah?
maybe i could bring some hardware and cables, but if i come with train i will not do ;)

so what do you think?

erdbeere

missunderstanding, cass. it didnt mean you HAVE to organize it. it was just a question to you  :)
ok, please imagine all, that leverkusen is out of the race (except someone is willing to organize the party there) ...

cass, why should we need all this technical stuff? the last partys worked very well without it.  :yes:

erdbeere <--- technical ignorant person
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Noah

Quote from: cassandra on May 21, 2008, 10:52:48 AM
if we like to have lan/wlan maybe we will have to organize routers, hubs, cables, beamer - depends - and i would prefer an own server ;) -> inim? noah?
so what do you think?

We dont need a LAN/WLAN to project a match. As Bgblitz runs on all platforms the only thing we need is a desktop or laptop with the right connection cable to the beamer.

" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

cassandra

okok

my english sucked again, sorry

thought we were speaking of transport the endgames to fibs  B)

krautlover

Well, right now August 29-31st has 7 out of 11 votes. If it is then, I can make it. If not, I can't. The location does not matter to me.

If we agree that we will have it then, I will do what I can to help organize it from here.