News:

Look into the LINKS section. Please add your favorite backgammon links.

Main Menu

EURO FIBS Party 2008 finally scheduled!

Started by Hardy_whv, June 05, 2008, 05:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy_whv

Hi everyone,

in the beginning, I was reluctant do participate actively in the planning process of the 2008 FIBS party as I am presently changing job and July/August are very busy months for me. But samirah pushed me to participate. As the schedule for my next job becomes more transparent, I think I can participate (and plan) end of August / begin of September.

So what we did: We tried to book the same venue as in 2007 for the last weekend in August. Unfortunately this timeframe was already booked. The only option was the weekend 22-24 Aug.

So the FIBS Party 2008 will be held

Fri, 22nd to Sun, 24th of August 2008 in Ulmen/Eifel (same venue as 2007).

We have a big house with garden for ourselves, to play backgammon all night long, have bbq in the garden, etc.

I hope that suits for many of you!

More details will be published a.s.a.p.

If you want to remember the great party of 2007 and get in mood for 2008 again, have a look at the old photos: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/engl/photos/fibsparty2007_1.html

Hardy  B)

Hallo allerseits,

ich konnte / wollte zunächst an der Organisation nicht teilnehmen, weil ich zum 1.7. ein neues Aufgabenfeld übernehme und daher im Juli/August erst einmal viel zu tun habe. So langsam wird die Terminlage in meinem neuen Job klarer, so dass ich mich von Samirah hab überreden lassen, bei der Organisation mit einzusteigen.

Um Nägel mit Köpfen zu machen, haben wir uns entschieden, das selbe Haus wie in 2007 wieder zu buchen. Leider war es für das letzte Augustwochenende ausgebucht.

Die Party findet nun wie folgt statt:

22. - 24. August 2008 in Ulmen/Eifel (gleiches Haus wie in 2007).

Ich hoffe, das passt möglichst vielen!

Mehr Details so bald wie möglich.

Wer noch mal sehn möchte, wie nett es im letzten Jahr war, kann sich hier erfreuen: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/photos/fibsparty2007_1.html

Hardy  B)

Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

Paul_William

Did I misunderstand something?

This appears to be neither the date nor the venue that was voted for.

erdbeere

hi hardy, sami, michael!

good idea, i would say, to book the same house. we had a great time there, for our meeting it was just perfect.

i will come with luise (and hopefully boomslang) again, so please, if possible, give me the same room like last time, that would be very nice of you  :giveflower:

i am really looking forward to see you all again. and if something can be helped, just let me know, ok?

erdbeere
Backgammon im Kölner Süden:
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Hardy_whv

Quote from: Paul_William on June 05, 2008, 06:51:08 PM
Did I misunderstand something?

This appears to be neither the date nor the venue that was voted for.

Hi Paul,

my understanding is, that noone was willing (or able) to organize the party at the venue and date chosen. Anyone willing to do so is heartly welcome. I would even be happy to participate at two parties. At least I can say, there is definetively one party this summer.

Hardy  B)

Paul_William

Hi Hardy  :)

I didn't realise that nobody could organise it where and when chosen.  I didn't vote, so was just thinking that others might not like not getting their choice. 

Good for you for doing something, and that there will be a party for sure!

:beerdrinkers:

webrunner

"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

This place looks wonderful!   :)  Wish I could be there, too!   :(  Maybe some day!   ;)  I'm sure you will all have a wonderful time!   :thumbsup2:

socksey

"A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies." - Oscar Wilde

Hardy_whv

Thanks cassandra,

I do not intend to only publish information in my forum, but will, in the future, also post all relevant information here as well, especially for the traditional big international interest in the party  :)

Here the newest information about the party:

Programme:

Friday, 22 Aug afternoon: Arrival, get your room, first come-together, and of course ...backgammon

Saturday, 23 Aug morning: Breakfast, time for yourself (Sport, walking, backgammon, etc.)

Saturday, 23 Aug 01:00 p.m.: Start of the tournament!

Sunday, 24 Aug: Chill out, departure

Besides the programme there is always much fun and chat and backgammon. Last year we always had chouettes going on until the early morning hours.

Venue / Accomodation:

Same as in 2007: 56763 Ulmen in the lovely Eifel. It's not the place for sightseeing and shopping, but we'll concentrate on backgammon anyhow. We have rented a house, which offers accomodation for 26 people. It was ideal for playing, inside and in the garden. We will prepare our meals there ourselves, have BBQ in the evening if the weather permits.

But: There are no single rooms. It's more like a youth hostel.

Announce your arrival / Prices:

Per person the participation will cost ca. 100,- EUR (approx. 153 US$, depending on the exchange rate). This includes accomodation (3 nights, Friday to Sunday) and meals and drinks. You can't make it cheaper! If you require bed linnen, you can get is for 3,- EUR per night.

You have to announce your arrival, as I will give away the rooms for those people who confirm their participation. So if you know you will be coming, let me know as soon as possible. First come - first served.

If you don't want to sleep there and only participate in the tournament, you only have to pay for drinks and meals of course.

The tournament:

The participation at the tournament is for free, as always. We will fight for the famous FIBS-Party-Cup. There are additional prizes as well. And the winner of the tournament receives a full licensed version of the very strong backgammon software BGBlitz, sponsored by Frank Berger :thumbsup2:

Any questions yet?

Hardy  B)

Programm

Freitag, 22.08. nachmittags: Ankunft, Beziehen der Unterkünfte, erstes Kennenlernen, gemeinsames Abendessen und natürlich ... Backgammon

Samstag, 23.08. vormittags: Frühstück, Zeit zur eigenen Verfügung (Sport, Spaziergang, Backgammon, etc.)

Samstag, 23.08. 13:00 Uhr: Start des FIBS-Party-Turniers

Sonntag, 24.08.: Chill out, Abreise

Außerhalb des Programms ergibt sich immer viel Spiel, Spaß und Spannung. Im letzten Jahr wurde stets bis in die frühen Morgenstunden Chouette gespielt oder im Garten das gute Wetter genossen.

Veranstaltungsort / Unterkunft:

Veranstaltungsort ist wie in 2007: 56763 Ulmen in der Eifel. Wir haben dort ein Haus gemietet, dass sich als ideal erweisen hat. Es bietet Unterkünfte für 26 Personen und viel Platz für Backgammon - drinnen wie draußen. Wir verpflegen und dort selbst, was insgesamt sehr günstig ist. Abends wird - wenn das Wetter es zulässt - gegrillt.

Jedoch gibt es keine Einzelzimmer; man muss es sich eher wie eine Jugendherberge vorstellen.

Kosten & Anmeldung:

Pro Person rechne ich für die gesamte Party mit 100,- EUR Kosten. Das umfasst die Übernachtung (Fr bis So) und sämtliche Kosten für Verpflegung und Getränke. Das ist m.E. unschlagbar! Bettwäsche kann vor Ort gemietet (3,- EUR pro Nacht) oder selbst mitgebracht werden.

Die Zimmer werden "First Come - First Served" vergeben. Der frühe Vogel fängt den Wurm. Also meldet euch schnellstmöglich verbindlich bei mir an!
Wer nur am Turnier teilnehmen, aber nicht übernachten möchte, kann natürlich auch gerne kommen. Es fallen dann nur Kosten für Essen und Getränke an

Das Tunier:

Die Teilnahme am Turnier ist kostenlos. Es wird wieder um den berühmten FIBS-Party-Wanderpokal gespielt. Und auch für die Plätze gibt es traditionsgemäß Preise. Der Gewinner des Tuniers erhält zudem eine Vollversion vom spielstarken Backgammon-Programm BGBlitz, gespendet von Frank Berger :thumbsup2:

Noch Fragen?

Hardy  B)

cassandra

yes 1 question please:
what does a bed for 1 night (saturday to sunday) cost und may i camp in my tent in the garden?

---

ja 1 frage bitte:
was kostet 1 bett fuer 1 nacht (samstag auf sonntag) und koennte ich ggf. mein zelt im garten aufschlagen?

Hardy_whv

Hi all,

it took a while until I received the rental agreement for the house for our party. Now I can become more precise about the prices. The price for a bed, including meals and drinks depends on the number of participants. If we are 15 people, it will be a total of 105,- EUR per person, if we are 20 it's only 80,- EUR.

Presently I have the following reservations:

- samirah
- erdbeere with her daughter
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- Hardy
- maybe: wintom
- maybe: Zorba
- maybe: Noah
- maybe: cassandra
- maybe: peterB with his son
- maybe: inim

I only have a limited number of beds available. Please announce your participations as soon as possible. First come - first served.

Hardy  B)

Hallo allerseits,

es hat leider etwas länger gedauert, bis ich den Mietvertrag erhalten habe. Jetzt kann ich endlich die voraussichtlichen Kosten abschätzen. Die Kosten hängen stark davon ab, wieviele FIBSter teilnehmen. Bei 15 Teilnehmern komme ich auf ca. 105,- EUR pro Person (für Übernachtung, inkl. Essen und Getränke). Bei 20 Teilnehmern sind es nur noch 80,- EUR.

Derzeit haben sich angemeldet:

- samirah
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- Hardy
- vielleicht: wintom
- vielleicht: Zorba
- vielleicht: Noah
- vielleicht: cassandra
- vielleicht: peterB with his son
- vielleicht: inim

Ich habe nur eine begrenzte Anzahl Betten. Also meldet euch bald an!

Bis bald,

Hardy  B)

Hardy_whv

Updated participants list:

- samirah
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- wintom
- grottenolm
- Hardy
- maybe: runnerup
- maybe: cassandra
- maybe: inim

Hardy  B)

Hier die aktualisierte Teilnehmerliste:

- samirah
- erdbeere mit Tochter
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- wintom
- grottenolm
- Hardy
- vielleicht: runnerup
- vielleicht: cassandra
- vielleicht: peterB mit Sohn
- vielleicht: inim

Hardy  B)

cassandra

hardy

please delete me from the list, i cannot afford this

ty

Hardy_whv

Updated participants list:

- samirah
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- wintom
- grottenolm
- inim
- lilalu
- Hardy
- maybe: runnerup

Hardy   B)

Die Teilnehmerliste noch einmal aktualisiert:

- samirah
- erdbeere mit Tochter
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- wintom
- grottenolm
- inim
- lilalu
- Hardy
- vielleicht: runnerup

Hardy   B)

Hardy_whv

Here one last time the updated participants list. We are 16 so far, but I am expecting - as every year - some further announcements on short notice.

- samirah
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- wintom
- grottenolm
- Hardy
- Zorba
- Noah with gf
- inim
- lilalu
- michaelsw
- vielleicht: peterB with his son

- maybe: Ramses, but only for the tournament

Some additional hints:

1. When you want to get picked up from the railway station in Ulmen, please let me know. You can also get my mobile phone number, which may be helpful in case of some questions. Please let me know when you want to have my mobile phone number. I will send it to you by PN or eMail.

2. Please bring bed linen (duvet, bedsheet) with you, otherwise we have to rent it (9,- EUR for the whole time).

3. Don't forget do bring your boards!!!!

The countdown's running  ...

Hardy   B)

Hier noch einmal die aktualisierte Teilnehmerliste. Wir sind inzwischen 16 definitive Teilnehmer. Ich erwarte - wie jedes Jahr - noch ein kurzfristige Anmeldungen:

- samirah
- erdbeere mit Tochter
- boomslang
- kleine_meid
- Paul William
- SonicSun
- wintom
- grottenolm
- Hardy
- Zorba
- Noah mit Freundin
- inim
- lilalu
- michaelsw

Ramses kommt vielleicht auch, aber nur am Turniertag.

Noch ein paar Hinweise:

1. Wenn ihr am Bahnhof von Ulmen abgeholt werden wollt, sagt vorher bescheid. Wer möchte, kann meine Handy-Nummer bekommen. Verschicke ich auf Anfrage per E-Mail. Könnte auch hilfreich sein, wenn man kurzfristig noch Fragen hat oder den Weg nicht findet.

2. Bringt bitte Bettzeug mit (Bettbezug, Bettlaken), ansonsten muss das gemietet werden. Kostet dann 9,- EUR.

3. Bringt bitte eure Boards mit!!!

Der Countdown läuft ...

Hardy   B)

Ramses

Hi!

As usual i will maybe come to Ulmen on Friday and not on Saturday. I am not sure if i will stay over Night but i will take my Toothbrush with me.

Wie immer in Ulmen kann ich leider nur Freitags, da ich Samstags arbeiten muss. Kann sein das ich übernachte, doch das wird der Abend mit sich bringen.

Greetings/Grüße

Ramses

Hardy_whv

Quote from: Ramses on August 06, 2008, 12:49:02 PM
As usual i will maybe come to Ulmen on Friday and not on Saturday. I am not sure if i will stay over Night but i will take my Toothbrush with me.

Fine, we will organize a warm-up tournament für Friday or some chouettes, so you will have enough action as well  :yes:

Looking forward,

Hardy  B)

Quote from: Ramses on August 06, 2008, 12:49:02 PM
Wie immer in Ulmen kann ich leider nur Freitags, da ich Samstags arbeiten muss. Kann sein das ich übernachte, doch das wird der Abend mit sich bringen.

Toll! Wir werden für Freitag ein Warm-Up-Turnier organisieren oder eine Chouette, so dass auch für Dich sicherlich genug Action sein wird  :yes: Soll ich für Deinen Hund prophylaktisch Hundefutter besorgen?   

Hardy  B)

erdbeere

hallo hardy (und alle),

gibts eigentlich dieses jahr wieder das traditionelle fibs-wichteln?

hi hardy (and all),

will there be this year again the traditional fibs-wichteln?

greetings, gruesse
erdbeere
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Hardy_whv

Quote from: erdbeere on August 13, 2008, 02:06:05 PM
hallo hardy (und alle),

hi hardy (and all),

will there be this year again the traditional fibs-wichteln (present-giving)?

Good question. I did not plan it, but I have to ask samirah about her ideas. Will let you know!

Hardy  B)

inim

Quote from: erdbeere on August 13, 2008, 02:06:05 PM

Bitte nicht, die Veranstaltung kostet für Reise, Planung etc. schon sehr viel Zeit. Bitte nicht noch auwändiger machen, ich habe keine Lust noch ein Geschenkt einkaufen zu müssen. Dito für die Kosten, wir haben Leute die abgesagt haben weil 100 â,¬für die Ãœbernachtung zuviel sind. KISS = keep it small and simple.

Please don't, the time spent for travel and logistics already is significant. Please don't complicate it any more. I hate the idea to have to spend even more time with buying a present. Similar for the cost, please keep in mind we had a case where 100 â,¬ of expenses for lodging was already too much. KISS = keep it small and simple.
This space is available for rent by advertisers. Call 0900-INIMITE today, and see your sales skyrocketing in no time! New customers receive free Vl@9rå and a penis enlargement set as a bonus! We support banners, flash banners, and scrollers. Discrete handling by our HQ on the Dutch Antilles.

lewscannon

Quote from: inim on August 14, 2008, 05:32:17 PM
Bitte nicht, die Veranstaltung kostet für Reise, Planung etc. schon sehr viel Zeit. Bitte nicht noch auwändiger machen, ich habe keine Lust noch ein Geschenkt einkaufen zu müssen. Dito für die Kosten, wir haben Leute die abgesagt haben weil 100 â,¬für die Ãœbernachtung zuviel sind. KISS = keep it small and simple.

Please don't, the time spent for travel and logistics already is significant. Please don't complicate it any more. I hate the idea to have to spend even more time with buying a present. Similar for the cost, please keep in mind we had a case where 100 â,¬ of expenses for lodging was already too much. KISS = keep it small and simple.

Vielleicht könnten Sie einfach mit Ihrem Bass und Ihren Kolleginnen und Serenade fibsters. Dies wäre ein Geschenk von Herzen und daher von unschätzbarem Wert.

Maybe you could just bring your bass and serenade your fellow fibsters. This would be a present from the heart and therefore priceless.

Hardy_whv

Okay, there will be NO present exchange during the party. Relax everyone.

Hardy  B)

Okay, verstanden: Kein Wichteln.

Hardy  B)

Hardy_whv

Well, have to correct myself. Of yourse there will be a present exchange, as presents change from me to you. I have:

- prizes for the winners of the FIBS-Party Cup (as every year),
- the challenge cup (only for the duration of one year),
- the licensed backgammon software BGBlitz for the winner of the main tournament and
- a brand new, very beautiful backgammon board, that will be raffled amongst all participants on Saturday

The address of our house for the party is:

Maibüsch 3
56766 Ulmen /Eifel

Does anyone require a detailed description how to get there?

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend  :thumbsup2:

Hardy  B)

P.S.: For the Saturday torunament points for the German Backgammon Ranking List will be given.

Möchte meine letzte Aussage zum "Wichteln" präzisieren: Natürlich gibt es Geschenke, und zwar von mir:

- Die üblichen Preise für die Gewinner des FIBS-Party Cup (wie jedess Jahr),
- den Wanderpokal, jedoch nur leihweise für ein Jahr,
- die lizensierte Backgammonsoftware BGBlitz und
- ein wunderschönes Backgammon-Board, das unter allen Teilnehmern am Samstag verlost wird:

Die Adresse unseres Hauses für die Party ist übrigens:

Maibüsch 3
56766 Ulmen /Eifel

Braucht jemand noch eine Anreisehilfe?

Freue mich schon auf nächstes Wochenende  :thumbsup2:

Hardy  B)

P.S.: Für das Turnier am Samstag gibt es Ranglistenpunkte für die Deutsche Backgammon Rangliste

Paul_William

Hi Hardy  :)

Yes, I will require detailed instructions of how to get there, please

Hardy_whv

Quote from: Paul_William on August 15, 2008, 11:38:09 AM
Yes, I will require detailed instructions of how to get there, please

Hi Paul,

where in Germany do you start? Do you arrive somewhere via airplane from Scotland? Or do you travel by car? If I know your starting point I can assemble a personalised description.

Hardy B)

Hardy_whv

Here is a description how to get to the FIBS Party. It shows and describes the last 3 km fom Autobahn A48 exit "Ulmen" to the house.

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/tmp/fp2008_anreise.jpg

Don't forget to bring your boards!

Cu tmrw!

Hardy  B)

Unter dem Link findet ihr eine Wegbeschreibung der letzten 3 km von der Autobahnausfahrt "Ulmen" der A48:

http://www.hardyhuebener.de/tmp/fp2008_anreise.jpg

Bis morgen also und vergesst eure Boards nicht!

Hardy  B)

samirah

Once again it was a great party, despite of the weather!

Thank you all for coming and I hope to see you all next year.

Congratulations to michaelsw,  well done hunny! (gammon baby  :)!! )

Take care and looking forward for next year's party,

sam

erdbeere

i just can agree with you, sami:
it was big fun to meet you all again!
and to meet new interessting fibsters!  :cool:

again a xxx-thank to sami for cooking so tasty. and to michael for doing all the exhausting shopping. and to hardy for hosting the exciting tourney.  :giveflower:

looking forward to the next meeting, wherever it will be  ;)

erdbeere

PS to wintom and boomslang: luise and me will excercise tablefootball and beat you next time for sure!
www.backgammon-koeln.de

Hardy_whv

Yep, as usual, the party was great fun  :thumbsup: Congrats to michaelsw for winning the FIBS-Party Cup a second time! Noah was runner up, both in the warm-up and in the main.

A small collection of photos is online here: http://www.hardyhuebener.de/photos/fibsparty2008_1.html

Those are with German descriptions. The English version will require some more days.

Hardy  B)

Ramses

Thank you for sharing the photos, Hardy. As far as i can see, i missed a good party. I hope i can make it next time. Congrats to Michael and Noah and my respect to the Organizators of this Event.

Ramses

Paul_William

Thanks Hardy, for the fun meeting.  Organised with true German efficiency - one would expect no less :)

And thanks to Sami for the great cooking, and Kerstin for all the hard work.

Attached is a photo of Michael's final roll in the grand final.  Note the position. Is Michael a bot?

socksey

QuoteAttached is a photo of Michael's final roll in the grand final.  Note the position. Is Michael a bot?

Oh my gosh!  Must be a Bot!   :lol:  Nice going!

Wow, the pics were great!  Made me feel like I was there.   ;)

What a great group!

socksey

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." - Henry Ford

Noah

Hello,

the meeting was great, thanks all for being there and special thanks for Samirah, Michaelsw and Hardy who created a perfect recipe for organizing a fibsparty.
With all kind of drinks, superb food and fresh Eiffel air, i had all the ingredients i need to play a good tourney.
I also would like to make compliments for the deejays Grottenolm and Codeyen...

About the 9 pt match final and the photofinish i would like to comment that it was michaelsw who had an advantage to 3-3 and he hold that advantage from 5-3 to 5-4. The next game it was me who wanted to force some things and i cubed after i made an  anchor and good builders in the outboard. I had no strong home-board and michaelsw countered me professionally with a take and some nice rolls.
Then michaelsw controlled the mid-game and was in advantage when the endgame started.
My question were:
1. do i have a 25 to 33% chance to win this game if michaelsw re-cubes.
2. As it was late (02:45h), do i want to play games to come back from 2 away- 5 away when there is a chance to win the tourney now.

With both 12 chequers to go at bearoff michaelsw let go his patience and decided to pay off his advantage now.
Knowing i needed a better double and good rolls i took and re cubed.
The final rolls with a 44 and a 55 is what made backgammon such an exciting game.
Congrat's Michael, well done... :nr1:

My pictures of a fantastic weekend can be seen on:

http://fibs.wickydesign.nl/20080822FibspartyUlmen/index.htm

Hope to see you all next time....  :thumbsup2:
" If you're not living on the edge, you take too much space"

Deurdonderen

Zorba

Well what can I say...the others above already mentioned all the good stuff about the party! Thanks to everyone for creating such a nice atmosphere this weekend :thumbsup2: Organisation was even better than it already was at previous parties, both the tourney and catering :eten: Nice music as well!

Next year, I will try to get some sleep in advance and finally take that trophy.  :) See you then!

Here's a clip from "the day after"... too bad I forgot to film some of the saturday tourney action but better than nothing.

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=-noQbSppKrY

I have a bunch of pictures too, I'll see if I can upload them somewhere. Any tips?
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

Ramses

Hmmmm, you have a bunch of photos? need a hint where to upload them?
Hmmmm.
Hey what about Fibsboard. i just found a thread there, about the gathering of fibsters in Ulmen. why don't you try it there?  ;)

Zorba

It's possible Ramses, but not very convenient to upload 50 photos here.

I decided to try my luck with the free Google Picasaweb for now. It was quite easy to get started with and has some easy tools for rotation, correcting lighting etc.

Sorry for the delay folks, but my pictures are finally online now:

http://picasaweb.google.com/zorba1968/FIBSParty2008UlmenGermany#

If you click "Slideshow" from there, you can sit back and watch. Hope you enjoy!  :s35:
The fascist's feelings of insecurity run so deep that he desperately needs a classification of some things as successful or superior and other things as failed or inferior. This also underlies the fascist's embracement of concepts like mental illness and IQ tests.  - R.J.V.

Luck is my main skill

socksey

Good choice, Zorbroooo!  ;)  Great pics!  Thx for sharing!   :thumbsup2:

socksey

"These parents, they think I'm a role model for their kids, that their kids look at me as some sort of idol. But it's the parents' job to make sure their kids don't turn out that shallow." â€" Britney Spears

Hardy_whv

Hi Zorba,

sorry for replying so late, beacause I could have offered some webspace  :sleep:

But the website you found actually looks even more suitable than mine .... Anyway, the pics are great  :thumbsup: The give a glimpse of the fun we had there!

Thx,

Hardy  B)

rossa

Hello Zorba!

Very pretty pictures!  :)

You are lovely persons!   :yes:

rossa   :thumbsup: