News:

please ensure your email address is "up to date" in your fibsboard profile or personal messages won't get through -- thx
ps  you can set your email as non public

Main Menu

Game 4, move 27 blitzxz and 28 Forum : Forum 4-2

Started by diane, March 18, 2010, 07:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Blitzxz danced again with 2-2, leaving forum, blue, to move 4-2

OH88AEA2G8WAGA:QQmxACAACAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

diane

Spoiler
I have chosen to move in the same way as the last move...it is probably wrong  ;)
[close]

stog

Spoiler
13/9 13/11 i chose but i see that 2 have gone for 20/14 which looks good too
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

I think we want to move the checker on the 20 out of there.  The question is whether we want to move it all the way out to the 14 or stop at the 18 and use the four to make the 9 point.

I like moving it to the 14 - that leaves only 4 shots from the bar vs. 6 7 and the hit on the bar point may put him in better shape than the fly shot on the nine.  Plus, the additional ammo in the outfield has to help.

20/14

It does seem lame, though, that after four dances we haven't iced this thing yet.

[close]

NIHILIST

Iced it ? We haven't made another point. And now that we've abandoned our "backgame" we're probably going to have to play even more cowardly than we have for the last 2 - 3 rolls.

Seems our best chance to win is if opponent never enters our board. Not very inspiring when you have to count on the opponent's dice-cancer to win it for you.

Bob
Robert J Ebbeler

ah_clem

Well, his "dice cancer" is exacerbated by the fact that we have the four point board, which was only possible by making the 2-point.  Had we not hit, he might be bearing off by now.

Anyway, with our manpower in the outfield he'll have a hard time bringing his runner around and may wind up right back on the bar if he enters.

So, what's your move? I've added the option of 10/4 since you stated earlier that you'd slot the 4 (yes, I know that the slot was based on a different position and you probably won't advocate that here.)  This provides a non-cowardly option, plus it gives someone the chance to vote by saying "Ten-Four, good buddy". 

diane

Quote from: ah_clem on March 18, 2010, 08:33:15 PMit gives someone the chance to vote by saying "Ten-Four, good buddy". 

:ban:  I think a pun that bad deserves it.....

Thanks for adding the option though  ;)