News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

TourneyBot version 2.3 new commands

Started by Tom, November 09, 2010, 01:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Version 2.3

UNAWARD command - the TD can fix clock timeout errors
EXTENDCLOCK command - allow the TD to extend the clock for players if warranted (rare)

Visual Brackets - http://tourneybot.fibs.com/tourney/TN#.html

SUMMARY command - Gives a summary of the tourney state, clocks and pairs or final standings

Match Completion Notification - on Multi-Day tourneys notify the primary td of match completions
(If Timeout > 6 hours)

Announce score as it changes for finals?

Clock command - shows the clocks for each player, when the match was paired and last login/logout

A number of these were suggested by sixtie and some by socksey (Many thanks to both)

The bot actually handles multi-day tourneys pretty well, the TOC's that have been run have gone off ok.
(some minor issues, but I am working on them)

The bot has the HELP defined but I have not updated the web pages yet

tom

Tom

Boy I must say that this release was the most disastrous release in a long long time.

Thank God for source control, it was easy to revert back to the earlier version.

Now to add the simplest ones back one at a time.

I think the core of the problem was the match monitoring for the finals.
It may have been sending the score changes to everyone instead of just a shout.

The strangest thing was it was working ok for a day or two (three?) before it hit the fan!