News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Listing tourneys

Started by playBunny, May 06, 2008, 10:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playBunny

Howdy Tom, I just asked TourneyBot to list completed tourneys so that I could get the number of PersianLord's Monday Gladiatoruial tourney. TourneyBot started at 2430 and worked its way relentlessly back towards 1. I cut my line in order to stop it but even reconnecting several minutes later it was still churning them out. A few limiting parameters would be handy, such as last N or N days or dates dd/mm/yy dd/mm/yy would be handy.  :)

socksey

You might find an easier way to find the tourney #.  If I forgot previously, I'd start querying with the last number I used plus a few depending on how many days it's been.   :)  Now, I have that info on the last tourney date that I keep in a file for Mini-Matches and my macros have the tourney #.   ;)

socksey

"See what will happen if you don't stop biting your fingernails?" - Will Rogers (1879 - 1935), to his niece on seeing the Venus de Milo

playBunny

That's a good point. It works well for you as a TD because you know that the end of the list is near 2400 (and so do I now, ;)) but even without knowing that, anyone familiar with binary searching methods could find it fairly quickly (an option which didn't occur to me at the time).

Cheers, socksey. :)

Tom

Yes I think 30 days is a good limit... also searching by TD name could help too...

yikes a lot could be done in that area...

thanks! (I think!  :unsure: )

Tom