News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

Tourney descriptions

Started by diane, August 12, 2004, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

As a spin off from the topic about the BagOlypmic session - I would like to take a moment to ask if players could use the command 'tell tournebot tourney No.' or equivalent for TBot, at least occasionally.

The reason I ask is because there are sometimes slip ups by the TDs - which could be rectified if the odd player noticed it. One incident I particularly have in mind was another BagO session in which the TD accidentally set the wrong matchlengths - we were playing before anyone noticed! (Including myself that time :D ).  Mistakes are easy to make as things  are at the moment - and although improvements are afoot - vigilance in the short term would help.

I know the tourney details are not checked very often - cos i went through a phase of entering some very, erm, odd tourney descriptions for fun - and to my knowledge only grillbill ever spotted one   :P

Things like setting the minplayers and maxplayers to the same number, wrong matchlengths or odd limits should be looked for - just to be sure - the sooner they are spotted, the sooner something can be done about it!

Thx all  
Never give up on the things that make you smile