News:

(**folks need to register to be able to see Fibsboard Forum Match diagrams and vote.** )

Main Menu

GammonLeague Introductory Live Tournament

Started by tryout, September 05, 2005, 06:49:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tryout

Hi Fibsters,

GammonLeague (http://gammonleague.free.fr) is a new free website for Backgammon tournaments. So far it has been hosting Fibsleagammon Team League for already 2 seasons.

Now I'd like to present GammonLeague to a broader public and on this occasion announce the GammonLeague Introductory Live Tournament. You are invited to join this tournament, which will introduce a new tournament type to FIBS.

GammonLeague Introductory Live Tournament

Targeted audience
Players with a FIBS login who are courteous and fair, respect others and enjoy Backgammon are invited to join this tournament, to have fun and to improve their playing skills.

Tournament format
The tournament will be played as a real-time single elimination bracket tournament. This means when you lose you're out, if you win you enter the next round. Matches of the same round are played simultaneously. The pairings are randomly drawn, and Byes are evenly distributed across the bracket.

Match lengths
The match lengths will be 11 points, except for the semi-finals which will be 15 points and the final which will be 19 points.

Time schedule
The first round of the tournament will start on Wednesday, Sep 21, 2005 at 17:00 UTC. The following rounds will be played on the same weekday and the same time one round per week, thus every Wednesday at 17:00 UTC. Depending on the number of Byes in round one, the first and the second round may be both played on the first day.

Entry fee
None. It's free. There's however only personal satisfaction and probably praise from the other players as prizes.

Sign-up
Players wishing to enter the tournament need to be registered on GammonLeague and have an active account on FIBS with a minimum of 100 experience points and a positive reputation balance with RepBot.

Sign-up to the tournament is open until 30 minutes before the start of the first round (Wednesday, Sep 21, 2005 16:30 UTC). It is however encouraged to sign up well in advance. Please see the main page and the FAQ for the registration and sign-up procedure.

Please read the detailed rules on http://gammonleague.free.fr/?a=21&Event=In...Live+Tournament

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team

Hardy_whv

Hi tryout,

interesting approach. I really would like to participate, but in that timeframe I wont be able to realize every Wednesday evening ....  :(

Everyone playing I wish good luck and much fun.   :yes:

Hardy   B)  
Visit "Hardy's Backgammon Pages"

tryout

Hi Hardy,

QuoteI really would like to participate, but in that timeframe I wont be able to realize every Wednesday evening ....  :(
as long as your opponent agrees and doesn't insist on playing only Wednesdays on 17:00 UTC you could also re-arrange the date when you play the match and advance it.

Would be nice if we could see you in the tourney.  :)

GammonLeague -- Join free Backgammon tournaments
[size=8] [/size]
FIBS TEAM League -- Play Backgammon with friends in a team