News:

happy holidays! take your board to the beach!

Main Menu

A WONDERFUL tournament in the beautiful Czech Republic

Started by tomgraf, May 23, 2007, 08:25:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomgraf

To all of you, dear fibsters. You may not have seen me playing online for quite a while but here is a wonderful piece of news from me.

CZECH OPEN 2007 - 4th International Backgammon Tournament

Pardubice 13.-15.7. 2007

It takes place in a beautiful historic town about 100 kms east of Prague called Pardubice.

Not a commercial tournament with loads of prize money but a wonderful, friendly but very competitive event you can read more on at: http://www.czechopen.net/backgammon/index.php

How do I know all this? I went last year. And I'm so happy that I did. Not because I happened to claim the title, that was luck, of course, but for the general atmosphere which was great, so friendly and welcoming.

The participants came mostly from the Czech Republic and Germany but there was a player from Israel, too. The standard of playing was very, very good. I've done analyses of my games (I use a quick notation system developed by myself to record my games) and most of them were of the highest standard I get to see on fibs.

We played through the day and in the evening we played chouette in a beautiful medieval restaurant on the town square. The second evening there ws a party by the outdoor swim centre, with live music , plenty of delicious food and great beers. Wonderful memories of meeting some really nice people. (If they happen to be reading this then greetings to our fellow German players in Leipzig and Dresden.)

So why not take a holiday in the Czech Republic? With Prague just round the corner and all the other wonders that one can see in this amazing country full of history and stunning nature, it would be a shame to miss this great event that could easily turn into a lovely fibs party.

More on the website where you can book, get all the details you need and even see photos of previous years' events.

Thanks for reading up to here. Hope to see you there.

Tomas Graf aka tomgraf

tomgraf

P.S. For those of you who decide to take part, it might be a good idea to say so here so that other potential participants can see who they can look forward to meeting there. I, for one, will surely participate and look forward to seeing dear fellow fibsters in Pardubice.

mradica

Hi, thanks for info and link about this tournament. I think I will go next summer. This year I reserved for 'high stake' tournament with entry fee about 300 Euros for 2nd division but when I become disappointed with such a kind of tourneys I will give a try for even such are FIBS party and Czech Open.