News:

want some cool sounds while you browse the boards.... see the new collapsable web radio section on the LHS, below birthdays, on the Front page

Main Menu

signatures

Started by sixty_something, January 25, 2008, 01:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixty_something

socksey, i  :wub: the way you change your signature almost every day .. even seems like every post and they are always great quotes .. how do you do that?

when i change my signature at my profile, it changes that signature on every old post as well as the new ones .. seems like it once didn't do that .. so, i have some nice little quotes lost now  :unhappy: yours all seem to stick with the message :wacko: why?

did i toggle something on or off to cause that to happen? :mad:

if so, i want to toggle it back .. where is it? :unsure:

:s40:
“Don Quixote would understand backgammon. It is the impossible dream.”
adapted from a Jim Murray quote on golf (i used to be a golfer, too)
A little inaccuracy sometimes saves tons of explanation. -- Unknown
e-mail me

socksey

:lol:  I don't use a signature.  I have a wordpad file of quotes that I use.  I just put an X after each one I use and go down the list.   ;)

socksey

Gardeners live in the most beautiful places . . . because they make them that way. - Joseph Joubert

sixty_something

thanks, sweetie :cool:

that's a nice little collection .. i get one daily from Wordsmith's A.Word.A.Day in an email .. just what i needed, mama, another little thing to do

:rollbaby:

This week's theme: words with color as metaphors
(click on word below for definition)

blue streak

I find it difficult to feel responsible for the suffering of others. That's why I find war so hard to bear. It's the same with animals: I feel the less harm I do, the lighter my heart. I love a light heart. And when I know I'm causing suffering, I feel the heaviness of it. It's a physical pain. So it's self-interest that I don't want to cause harm.
-Alice Walker, author (b. 1944)
e-mail me

webrunner

Quote from: socksey on January 25, 2008, 05:16:02 AM
:lol:  I don't use a signature.  I have a wordpad file of quotes that I use.  I just put an X after each one I use and go down the list.   ;)

socksey

Gardeners live in the most beautiful places . . . because they make them that way. - Joseph Joubert

I always wondered about that!
Great Socks, i read them every time  :thumbsup2:
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

QuoteThis week's theme:
words with color as metaphors
(click on word below for definition)

blue streak

How do you do that?!   :happy:

socksey

sixty_something

first, a blue streak with any other color just isn't blue .. that got me to thinking - always a dangerous thing .. so, i changed the color, made it bold, and then made it move with Marquee, the last trick was to mark the phrase a hyperlink pointing to the Wordsmith definition .. it was the first time i'd ever tried that little trick myself .. glad you liked it ..the resulting text is a mess .. i attached a copy of the original post below

the coding that we use on this message board is an html-like syntax called Bulletin Board Code (BBC) .. examples of how to use it can be found under our help tab above, or here

:drive1: BBC :rollbaby:
:s40:

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, just what does an empty desk mean?
-- Author Unknown
e-mail me

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

sixty_something

:drive1: ROFL MAO, Good one Tomawaky ~v~ ~v~ ~v~ ~~~~~~'''   :o :whoea: :dry::veryhappy: :) :laugh4: :applaus: :s35: :jump: :yes: :beerdrinkers: :mellow: :thumbsup2:  ;) :laugh4: :laugh: :lol: :cool:
e-mail me

socksey

:lol:  I think that's too much work!  But, fun!   :lol:

socksey

webrunner

A little tip: use the button with this sign:

Any code between those two tags will not be executed. That way you can show the code you used.
In this case:

[move][url=http://wordsmith.org/words/blue_streak.html][color=blue][i][b]blue streak[/b][/i][/color][/url][/move]

;)
"There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path."
Bruce Lee
===================================
Orion Pax |

socksey

wow!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                            [move]

socksey

Don't know how I did this and don't know what happened, but I only used "socksey" as one signature.  :lol:

Tomawaky

Tomawaky "I feel good da da da da da da da.........i knew that i would now........."

don

Hey socks.

It looks like you hit the Marquee button in webby's editor...
--
don
So many string dimensions, so little space time...