News:

**Inspired by recurrent discussions in FIBS shouts on issues concerning science and consciousness, we have introduced an ISP Board on Fibsboard.com ...a space set aside for more considered esoteric meanderings on ideas science and philosophy --- "concept formation and elucidation" .....> the philosophy/physiology/ structure and function of a fibster or fibsboarder!
take a look at http://www.fibsboard.com/ideas-science-and-philosophy/

Main Menu

Game 4, move 23: Herd 3-1

Started by diane, July 18, 2011, 12:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Position ID: 7/YAAiB2txkIAA
Match ID: UQmlABAAGAAA

stog rolled 6-5, forced run 24-13...

Herd with this to do with as they will....

Never give up on the things that make you smile

Krazula

Spoiler
14/12* 3/2. It seems pretty obvious to me, we hit the checker on the midpoint then play 3/2 because this gives us one more roll to make the 1 point next turn if our opponent doesn't enter.
[close]

ah_clem

Spoiler

We want to hit him and then keep him from anchoring.  (Not hitting because we're afraid of the anchor is foolhardy - it just opens us up to the more likely scenario where he leaps out with a 6.)

8/7 3/1* has a lot of logic to it, but I think it's too aggressive at score.  I'll opt to hit in the outfield and take my chances with the ace point game (assuming he anchors). Thus 14/12*

Then where to play the one?  8/7 aims the most ammunition at him, but leaves us open to the 6/1 joker.  We're at a point where a single point is good enough for us, so I'm going to err on the side of caution and say continue on with 12/11, although 3/2 is probably just as good.

[close]