News:

All new Fibsboard.com for 2011 --" your unofficial Forum for all fings FIBS."
New Membergroups, new boards including topical discussions, Campaigns, Culture and Gossip. Photo Galleries, Forum Backgammon vs Top Guest, and much much more.........faster and improved, with sas :)

Main Menu

Filters

Started by diane, August 29, 2006, 06:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

We have an increasing number of players logging on now using mobile phones, and for the most they are part just a headache.  I have 8 saved games now - just from these players - they lose connection continually and are very annoying to play.  The way the player list is currently set up the client is the last piece of information and I cant see it on the screen easily, and scrolling across to find out that information is tedious (of course not as tedious as playing them  ;) ). The client is easily recognisable though - and it would be a whole lot less hassle if I could just specifiy not to see invites from players with that client - a bit like the villains list works now - but without the hassle of having to watch each newbie and manually enter to the villains list them if they are on mobiles.

I have always played with newbies happily - as long as they are short matches - because they find it difficult to find matches with players who arent droppers generally - and I want them to have positive experiences at FIBS in the early stages, but with this wave of newbies coming in on phones, at the moment I am tending to ignore them all.

Is this a big piece of work - and is it possible it could be implemented?
Never give up on the things that make you smile

cthulhu

Try moving the client-coloumn more to the left so you see it on screen at all times?

There will not be any filter for ignoring users with certain clients. Sorry.