News:

You can now show us where you live by placing a pin on the Google map in your profile.

Main Menu

Game 4 Move 12 Blitz 52

Started by roadkillbooks, February 18, 2010, 07:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkillbooks

blitzxz enters with a 2 and has a 5 to play....

blitzxz

This looks a little bit tricky. Three choices here. Loose hitting to 1-point just can't be right. It's against my principles I said couple rolls ago. It risks sending another checker behind the prime and dividing my army. I would also have to cover the point if forum doesn't hit me wasting important spare checker and flexibility. I might get lucky though and send forum's checkers back to start but I don't think that's worth the risk as forum would have solid position even in that case. I'm not complitely sure should I move 13/8 or 23/18. I want to keep the spare on mid and try to keep backmen moving but it looks a little bit odd to give double hit like that on silver platter. It would be better if forum hits me to deep point then to bar point, which is more important priming point if it's covered. But moving spare away from mid doesn't look good either. It looks like a position I could easily crash with just one or two bad rolls. I move bar/18.