News:

Play our  New Fibsboard Position of the Week --> perhaps give your comments/reasons thx..here's the link  http://www.fibsboard.com/position-of-the-week/

Main Menu

Game 4 Move 14 blitzxz 33

Started by roadkillbooks, February 20, 2010, 05:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadkillbooks

ok blitzxz keeps the run of doubles rolling with a 33......

blitzxz

Very nice roll but this is tough to play. Lots of choices here, I could make the bar point, the 3-point, hit two checkers with several different ways and so on.

My best long term plan is propably go all out for undoubled gammon, because with this score and position I'm always not good enough to double or too good and also most of the value from my position comes from gammons. To maximize gammons I will hit everything I can, so I go for one of the double hits here. But it's still not an easy choice.

I could play 24/18* 13/10*/7 or 24/21 13/10*/4* (and some other variations of the same type of moves). Hitting to four point has advantage of making my home board as fast as possible if it works and I also don't want forum to make another anchor and improve position. It also plays best the theme divide the opponent's army. But I would like to hit the blot on the bar point also. I might not have the chance to do so later if things go bad. If forum hits my blot on four the game could swing easily the other way around. That is not so likely to happen if I just put two checker on bar and don't leave an unnecessary shot. So after long hesitation I move 24/18* 13/10*/7. I could by the way make the ten point also, but I think the bar point is more valuable and I go for it now when forum has two checkers on the bar. The checker on bar point could also be important for attacking and making home board points.