News:

we need 2 or 3 small donations a month, and an ad or 2 each month, consistently over the year, to keep the board going.....http://www.fibsboard.com/donate.php

Main Menu

Game 4, move 31: Blitzxz 1-1

Started by diane, March 25, 2010, 07:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diane

Well, I made our move, took a deep breath, closed my eyes and rolled...

Blitzxz, white, 1-1 to move.

tm0hAhgfbwcAIA:AYGkACAACAAA
Never give up on the things that make you smile

ah_clem

So I guess you took a big gulp of the Kool-ade and came over to the make-the-four-point side?  See, it's not so bad.

I think we've crossed a Rubicon here and rollouts of this move won't tell us how to play future moves, so unless there's an objection I'm going to do a rollout as soon as I can. 

blitzxz

This looks complitely lost unless forum rolls some horrible roll and can't make the six prime or hit. Is there a such roll? I don't bother to even check. So I propably should try to minimaze gammons here. But I don't know what move achieves that. If I just clear the six point I will have spares for ones and everything looks good except any two would give a shot. That's not good at all. But if I make the three point I'm again very likely to leave a blot. I could move the mid checkers and create an hole on five or four point but I can't convince myself why these moves would be better. I propably should calculate all the possible chances to give a shot in the couple of next rolls. But I'm lazy and trust my feelings and clear the six point. That looks most safe to me. 6/4 6/5(2).